Private equity funds are investment companies that, as a rule, do not hold publicly-traded securities. Instead, they normally seek equity stakes (that is, partial ownership) in private companies. Venture capital is a specialized subcategory of private equity. Both are high risk, high reward investment approaches.
This course provides an opportunity to understand how Private Equity Firms evaluate value of Start- ups, new firms, non-listed firm and the risks associated with the same.
Who is this course for?
- Investment bankers
- Fund managers / Executive Level Managers
- Equity analysts / traders / Sales
- Credit analysts
What will I learn?
- Basic and Advanced Excel
- Basic and Advanced Accounting
- Micro & Marco Economics
- Corporate Finance Foundation
- Corporate Valuation
- Private Equity Modelling
How will I benefit from taking this Course?
Upon completion of the program the student will be able to
- Understand all the functions of Microsoft Excel
- It is highly practical course that will lead quickly learn from the basics through to the more advanced deal structuring methodologies.
- Emphasis is placed on delegates gaining practical, hands- on experience of the various valuation techniques used by private equity players.
- Understand the LP-GP relationship, the methods of measuring returns, term agreements and deal structuring mechanics in PE domain.
- Learn to build financial model for a generic company
About Manipal Executive Education
Manipal Executive Education (MEE) is Manipal Global Education’s corporate and executive education entity based out of Dubai, UAE. It services the Middle East & Africa Region including strategic markets such as UAE, Kuwait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar & Bahrain.
Its purpose is to deliver world class certification and training programs for students, working professionals and corporates in various formats ranging from classroom based training, online programs and hybrid programs across multiple sectors which are of relevance to the region.
Based out of Dubai Knowledge Village, the HR & Training Hub of Dubai, MEE offers high end certification programs in functional and technical programs across multiple sectors ranging from Logistics, Banking & Financial Services, IT, Telecom, Retail and Hospitality.