- Duration: 12 Days
In an ever increasing pace of Life and Business, it becomes even more important to remove stress and operate with heightened sensory acuity. As the cost of stress to the employer continues to grow, organizations must recognize stress in their employees and train management to manage stress productively. A recent survey showed that 1 in 5 people report their work to be very or extremely stressful, citing the nature of their work, relationships at work or their employer as the cause.
It has been stated, that "The ability to 'communicate well' is ranked the number one key to success, by leaders in business, politics and the professions." To be really successful in business, it is essential to learn, appropriate, practice and develop, vitally effective communication skills, both on a one-to-one basis, and to small and large groups. This two module seminar covers these strategic areas in a unique, proactive manner, and result in top quality performance.
Participants attending this seminar will:
- Identify and deal with the causes of stress and how Time affect you and others
- Increase self confidence and increase personal motivation
- Understand communication and persuasion and what impact they have on an organization's ability to function.
- Be able to use communication and influence to improve an organization's productivity, profitability, morale, etc.
- Have Increase self-awareness and develop the skills to deal confidently and professionally with colleagues and customers
The seminar is split into two modules:
MODULE I - Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction: Managing Stress & Pressure at Work
MODULE II - Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills: Communicate, Negotiate, Influence & Persuade
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week seminar.
In this seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Actively identify and reduce stress in themselves and others
- Develop ways of Managing the most Important element - TIME
- Maximizes performance and motivation at work
- To see how every area of life is effected by Communication
- To upgrade their personal communication and presentation skills
This seminar will be presented in a highly inter-active manner, with a very impactive computer presentation style. Individual and group activities, will intersperse the sessions. Video and role plays situations will highlight the major teaching features.
A variety of Practical Sessions and Role Plays, and group inter-action are programmed into this Communication Course. These sessions are most informative, inspiring, fun, and presented in a relaxing atmosphere, that is conducive to learning and overcoming any fear or inadequate tendencies.
- Stress is an individual physical response to a given stimulus and therefore everyone responds differently in different situations. What is acceptable for one person can be extremely stressful for another
- Only by providing employees with a clear understanding of why they feel stress, and providing them with the ability to do something about it, can companies hope to truly protect their employees.
- This program introduces delegates to the close relationship between mind and body, how physical responses are influenced by thinking patterns, and how personal conditioning can lead to stress, task avoidance, even phobic reactions.
- Effective communication enhances company performance and profit. When staff can communicate confidently and professionally with colleagues and customers, everyone benefits.
- In today's competitive environment, having staff that can communicate with impact is a strong competitive advantage. Learning how to influence others also results in increased productivity and performance.
- Reduction of Stress is a unique stress management program. It addresses problems caused by stress, by providing delegates with practical solutions for dealing with stress in any situation. Each Delegate will develop their own set of resources to deal and eliminate stress in seconds.
- Learn to Reframe situations and always see the positive
- Delegates learn how to relax, regain control and focus on taking personal ownership and Responsibility for their state of mind and achieve positive outcomes to any situation
- Participants will identify and develop their communication skills and learn how to use these skills constructively in interpersonal behaviour. Incorporating these skills and techniques into their work behaviour, participants will demonstrate more effective work-based skills, such as leadership, negotiation and team based problem solving.
- Ultimately, this type of training allows people to better understand their own behaviour and develop higher self-esteem, self-understanding, and confidence.
Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction:
Managing Stress & Pressure at Work
Managing Your Job
- Managing yourself and the resources at your disposal
- What are you and your team trying to achieve?
- Defining your objectives and key result areas
- Establishing responsibilities and priorities
Practical Time Management & Planning Activities
- Effective use of diaries, time planners, time logs, etc.
- Criteria for prioritising - urgent and important
- Planning and scheduling your activities
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions - staying focused
- Managing time under pressure
- Developing a proactive approach to short, medium and long term plans
- Investing time and effort in order to achieve more in the future
- Your time management behaviour - preferred working styles
- Personal effectiveness - a guide to self-discipline
- Highlighting personal 'time-stealers' and areas of weakness
Managing Others & Meetings
- Managing people managers, colleagues, team members and customers
- Getting more things done through assertive behaviour
- Making the most of meetings as participant or chairperson
- The rules of effective delegation - overcoming personal preferences and prejudices
- Using delegation as a means of coordinating the workload of your team/department
- Freeing up your time
- Developing staff
- Reviewing your management of time at regular intervals?
- Overcoming your old habits - maintaining your new standards?
Communicating with Excellence Getting Results
- The Rules of Communication - overcoming personal attitudes. Stereotypes, Prejudices and Beliefs
- Why people do what they do and Influencing for Results
Managing Pressure in the Workplace
- Moving from reactive to proactive
- Working to priorities when everything is urgent
- Taking control through planning and time management
- Managing conflicting demands from more than one person
Understanding Stress and its Causes
- What is stress? - Recognising the physical and behavioural signs, Stress in the mind and body
- What contributes to workplace pressures? - The top ten causes
- The impact of stress on personal performance - the positive and negative effects of stress
- Recognising the signs of stress in ourselves
- Maintaining an effective balance between home and work
- How gaining control of your Mind can reduce or eliminate stress
- The symptoms of short term and long term stress
- Recognizing your individual stress response and that of others
- Learning to recognize your stress level and key stressors
- The major causes of stress at work and at home
- How to develop self belief to overcome stress
- When stress aids performance and when stress detracts from performance
Different Stress and Behavioural Patterns
- Learning behaviour types: passive, aggressive, passive aggressive and assertive
- How conscious and sub-conscious thinking affects behaviour
- Developing self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over stress
- Improving your communication skills to manage aggression, stress and conflict from others
Handling Stress Positively, A Positive Mindset
- Stress handling strategies for you and your team
- Maintaining an effective balance between home and work
- Changing your mindset - seeing the positive side of change in the workplace
- Motivating yourself and others under pressure
- Developing a preventative rather than remedial approach to team problems
- How the Mind Focus techniques can reverse negativity into positive action
Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills:
Communicate, Negotiate, Influence & Persuade
Personal Inner Communication Essentials
- What is Communication?
- What does effective Communication mean?
- Understand the 3 major levels of Communication .
- Intra- Personal (with Oneself).
- Inter-Personal (with another Individual).
- Inter-Active synergy (with a group of persons).
- Appreciate the different 'fields of experience.'
- Discover the power of Non-Verbal Communication.
- Study the 8 Non-Verbal empowerments.
- Understand why your personal Self-Image has a great deal to do with your presentation, language, style and content.
- Controlling your subconscious mind to communicate effectively.
Understanding Communication and Persuasion
- Understanding the communication cycle.
- Analyse the Communication Pyramid.
- Know the power of words in the communication process.
- Discover the powerful I-A-D-A communication format.
- Understanding the brain, during the communication process.
- Understand the keys to successful public speaking.
- How to develop and present a vital speech.
- How to dress professionally and appropriately.
- Find out the right and wrong ways in body posture.
- How to use your voice effectively.
- Discover the power of illustrations and stories.
- Learn how to overcome Public speaking fears.
- How to listen actively and respond accordingly.
- Know the power of influence.
Communicating and Presenting Effectively
- Learn how to organize your presentation.
- How to prepare and present a computer / Power Point presentation etc.
- What to do prior to a presentation.
- Understand the impact of Visual communication.
- Understand the psychology of the Smile in communication.
- How to present to a cross-cultural audience.
- Observe what features attract an audience.
- Learn how to analyse your audience.
- Using positive visual imaging.
- How to use the telephone effectively and professionally.
Communication Strategies for Professional Excellence
- How to an effective decision maker, in the communication process.
- How to use strategic communication negotiation skills.
- Discover the 9 Keys to making an effective presentation.
- Learn how to develop a systematic filing system.
- Learn how to obtain good source material.
Applying Personal Influence and Persuasion
- Analyse the 9 strategic principles for effective communication.
- Apply these Communication principles into a "Plan of Action" for your life and incorporation into your Company infra-.structure.
- How to be proactive and make things happen.
- Essential communication practices for ongoing success.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.