- Duration 24 Hours
- Locations Knowledge Consulting and Training - Cairo, Egypt
Who should attend
Managers, team leaders, business owners and high potentials with leadership responsibility at various organizational levels who are in a position to influence both the day to day decisions and the strategic management of the organization.
What you will achieve
This course is hands on and practical with skills immediately applied back on the job. At the completion of this program, each participant will have enhanced leadership skills and competencies and walk away with an individualized leadership plan with specific actions to increase leadership effectiveness to begin implementing immediately.
This course includes large group discussions, small group work, and experiential learning initiatives to include:
- Tools and models to create a cultural shift in leadership in your organization.
- A cultural shift organizationally and the opportunity to increase your day-today effectiveness as a leader.
- The distinction between leadership and management and how to use both to your advantage situationally within your organization.
- Enhanced ability to recognize leadership opportunities on the job and to apply newly acquired leadership skills, behaviors and actions.
- Greater self-awareness and personal leadership mastery.
- Skills and techniques to increase your leadership effectiveness.
Leadership Role, Skills and Styles
- Defining Leadership
- Differentiating between Leadership and Management
- The Leadership Grid
- Classical approaches to leadership
- Power, charisma and transformational leadership
- Level 5 leadership
The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership (Kouzes and Posner's Model)
- Modeling the Way
- Inspiring a shared vision
- Challenging the process
- Enabling others to Act
- Encouraging the heart
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Rational Decision Making process
- Identifying the problem
- Techniques for developing alternatives
- De Bono's six hats creative problem solving approach
- Getting consensus
The Leader as a Coach
- The Leader’s role in coaching
- Prerequisites for coaching & mentoring
- The coaching GROW Model
- Setting SMART Goals
- Understanding realities and obstacles to performance
- Developing options and action
Building Effective Teams
- Team building process
- The Four stages of team Development
- Bilbin's model for team building
- Essential building blocks for teams
- The POPCI fundamentals for effective teams: Purpose, Organization, Process, Culture & Influence
- Dealing with internal and external politics
Leading Organizational Change
- The need for change
- Psychology of resistance to change
- Implementing Kotter's 8-steps change management model
- Developing the change management plan
- Communicating for change
- Developing your leadership style to gain commitment from your employees
- Leading by Directing, Coaching, Participating and Delegating
- The four development levels of your team members and their relation to employees' readiness and willingness
- Understanding the situational leadership concept: Matching your leadership style to the employee’s developmental needs and the task at hand
- LEAD Assessment Instrument (Leadership Styles Assessment): Assessing your leadership style and identifying your dominant leadership style and adaptability index.
KNOWLEDGE is one of the leading learning and development organizations in Egypt. their hands-on training solutions transform people to a sustainable competitive advantage. they offer unique learning opportunities enabling people to acquire skills that they can apply on their next day in office.
Since their foundation in 2002, it has been their aim to be one of the leading change catalysts in Egypt and the Middle East.See all Knowledge courses