- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
Your customers expect you to deliver stock when they need it, and in the best possible condition. Exceeding those expectations is at the heart of any effective procurement and logistics strategy.
The success of this strategy depends directly on the skills of your front-line warehouse staff and storage supervisors. Doing the job right is just the first step. Your managers must display consistently sound decision-making, care and forethought – values that apply in the stockroom just as much as in the board room.
Is it right for me?
The course is for line supervisors who are responsible for stock management, including storage, handling and transport. The course will also be suitable for newly recruited graduates on management development programmes.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the storage regime and environment most appropriate to the stock in their care
- Manage, organise and operate the systems and processes to provide the best possible care for materials
- Maintain the highest health, safety and environmental standards
- Provide the highest possible level of customer service
What will it cover?
- Storage systems
- Warehouse and yard design and layout
- Management of mechanical handling equipment operations
- Hazardous materials: storage and transport
- Dangerous goods: international regulations
- Industrial compressed gases: storage and transport
- Petroleum products: storage and transport
- Laboratory chemicals: storage and transport
- Bagged and drummed chemicals: storage and transport
- Drummed acids and corrosives: storage and transport
- Vehicle and equipment routine maintenance
- Health, safety and environmental management in logistics operations
- Preservation of materials and equipment in storage
- Manual handling
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses