- Duration: 4 Days
Learn the objectives, prerequisites, installation and managing steps of PowerVM advanced features like Suspend/Resume, Active Memory Sharing, Live Partition Mobility and Shared Storage Pools. All learning materials are primary focused on IBM i as a client partition and dual VIOS as host environment. Part of this course is presentation of the tools for monitoring virtualized environment.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in a face-to-face classroom setting. The course is also offered in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO -Instructor Led Online) with hands-on labs: PowerVM on IBM i - II: Advanced Topics and Performance (OV5F0GB)
This intermediate course is for technical specialists, support/services inpiduals, inpiduals implementing PowerVM features for Power Systems with IBM i. This course is also appropriate for IBM Business Partners who sell and plan for consolidated systems.
You should have:
- Attended PowerVM on IBM i - I: Implementing Virtualization and LPAR (AS5EGB) (OV5EGB) course
- Some knowledge of Power system architectural concepts
- Some experience with Power System servers
- Entry level knowledge of LPAR on current systems is helpful, but not required.
- Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise - Active Memory Sharing
- Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise - Logical Partition Mobility
- Shared Storage Pools
- Exercise - Shared Storage Pools
- Monitoring tools for virtualized environment
- Exercise - Monitoring tools for virtualized environment
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses