This course is designed to teach the installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Power 7 servers. Class activities include installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting Linux in a native system environment.
This basic course is for system administrators that have experience with either Linux or Power systems, but not together. This course provides the bridge for those skill sets to be brought together.
- Exercise 3 - Open Firmware operations
- Exercise 5 - Managing Power systems devices
- Unit 1 - PowerLinux introduction
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to lab environment
- Unit 2 - PowerVM
- Exercise 2 - PowerVM operations
- Unit 3 - Utilizing Open Firmware
- Unit 4 - Installing Linux on Power
- Exercise 4 - Installing Linux
- Unit 5 - Power systems device management
- Unit 6 - Boot loader configuration
- Exercise 6 - Configuring yaboot
- Unit 7 - Rescue mode
- Exercise 7 - Accessing rescue mode
You should have a basic background in systems administration and/or troubleshooting.
- No previous courseware is required.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses