- Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is designed to prepare you to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror. This course should be followed by: AN68GB ptx/CLUSTERS on Numa-Q (AN68GB)
This basic course is for students who are experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX Logical Volume Manager (LVM) experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 and later cluster on an IBM PowerSystems server running AIX 6.1 or later. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 7.1 TL1 -level system.
- Explain what high availability is
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA SystemMirror
- Design and plan a highly available PowerHA cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA SystemMirror in the following configuration:
- Single resource group on a primary node and a standby node (active/passive)
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
You should be AIX system administrators and have TCP/IP, LVM storage and Disk hardware implementation skills.
- These skills are addressed in the following course
- TCP/IP for AIX Administrators (AN21GB) or can be obtained through equivalent education and experience.
- Unit 1: Introduction to PowerHA
- Unit 2: Planning and configuring network and storage for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Exercise 1: Lab setup, cluster planning, and exploring fallover
- Exercise 2: Preparing the AIX environment for PowerHA SystemMirror
- Unit 4: Configuring a PowerHA SystemMirror cluster
- Exercise 3: Preparing an application for integration with SystemMirror
- Exercise 4: Initial cluster configuration
- Exercise 5: Install and maintain PowerHA SystemMirror
- Open lab
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses