- Duration: 5 Days
Learn to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA for AIX.
The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 6.1 level system.
This course is for experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX LVM experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a Power HA 6.1 cluster on an IBM power systems server running AIX 5L V5.3 or later.
- Explain what high availability is
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA for AIX
- Design and plan a highly available cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA for AIX in the following modes of operation: Single resource group on a primary node with standby node; and Two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery
You should be an AIX system administrator and have TCP/ IP, LVM storage and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12) or (AX12)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15) or (AX15)
- or through equivalent experience
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses