- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
Learn the latest features in PowerHA.
Learn to: effectively administer and monitor a IBM PowerHA for AIX cluster; implement PowerHA for the more complex advanced AIX configuration options; and perform problem determination on a PowerHA for AIX cluster
This advanced course is for experienced AIX system administrators and support personnel who are responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of PowerHA clusters on IBM Power p systems running AIX.
The audience includes: Those who want to: learn the new features with PowerHA for AIX V5.5 learn about how to implement PowerHA for AIX in complex configurations pass the IBM Certified Systems Expert HACMP V5 Technical leaders responsible for designing PowerHA for AIX clustering solutions
- Review fundamental PowerHA for AIX concepts and components
- Understand what is new with PowerHA for AIX V5.5
- Use the more complex extended path configuration options
- Determine the status of the cluster and cluster components
- Integrate applications into PowerHA for AIX
You should have experience installing and performing standard PowerHA for AIX configuration functions, which can be obtained by attending one of the following courses:
- PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration (AN410) or (AX410) or
- HACMP Systems Administration I: Planning and Implementation (AU540)
- or equivalent experience.
You should also be familiar with:
- The AIX operating system
- The IBM server hardware they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP communications concepts and tools
- LVM concepts and configuration
- Good Korn Shell script programming
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses