- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
Learn to implement advanced PowerVM features such as Active Memory Sharing, Shared Dedicated Processors, Multiple Shared Processor Pools, N_Port Virtualization, and Remote Live Partition Mobility.
This course focuses on the features that relate to the performance of the POWER6 processor, AIX 6.1, and the special monitoring, configuring, and tuning needs of logical partitions (LPARs). This course does not cover application monitoring and tuning.
You will learn skills to implement, measure, analyze, and tune PowerVM virtualization features for optimal performance on IBM System p servers.
You will also learn about the AIX 6.1 performance analysis and tuning tools that enable an administrator to take advantage of the Micro-Partitioning and other virtualization features of the System p servers.
Hands-on lab exercises reinforce each lecture and give the students practical experience.
This course is for anyone responsible for implementing and managing virtualization features on a System p server including: AIX technical support individuals System administrators Systems engineers System Architects
Students should complete:
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Planning and Configuration (AN11) or (AX11) or
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30) or (AX30) or have equivalent LPAR skills
- Unit 1 - PowerVM features Review
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to the Lab environment
- Unit 2 - Processor Virtualization Tuning
- Exercise 2 - SMT and Micro-Partitioning
- Unit 3 - Shared Dedicated Capacity and Multiple Shared Processor Pools
- Exercise 3 - Configuring Multiple Shared Processor Pools
- Unit 4 - Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 4 - Configuring Active Memory Sharing
- Unit 5 - N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)
- Unit 6 - I/O Devices Virtualization Performance and Tuning
- Exercise 6 - Virtual I/O Server, vSCSI, Virtual Ethernet and shared Ethernet Adapter
- Unit 7 - Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise 7 - Live Partition Mobilityb implementation
- Unit 8 -PowerVM Advanced System Maintenance
- Unit 9 - Virtualization Management Tools
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses