Course detailsThis course discusses postnatal/postpartum depression in detail, covering all aspects, in order to provide an understanding of how it can be treated or prevented. The course covers how to recognise early signs and symptoms, causes, effects, and prevention, and also includes case studies of those who have overcome the condition.
Focus is placed on the changes that mothers go through during and after childbirth, as well as the changes in mindset and behaviours of both parents once the child is born. You will learn about the factors that can determine the likelihood that an individual may suffer from the illness and to what extent, and how postnatal depression differs from other forms of depression. The benefit of this insight is an improved ability to recognise the condition, for the purposes of prevention or early diagnosis.
Early diagnosis is reliant on recognising the signs and symptoms that are indicative of postnatal depression. This important information is shared in the course, as it outlines the behavioural, emotional and physical changes that a mother suffering from postnatal depression will experience, as well as explaining the effects of these. The course also details the effects that are not as obvious, such as the damaging effects that can occur in the relationship between the couple and with the infant.
Why some people suffer from postnatal depression is an important question to answer when putting preventative measures in place. The Postnatal Depression Awareness Diploma Course sets about answering this by giving detailed explanations of all the possible reasons. This considers social, emotional and psychological factors, along with any history of any type of depression and previous postnatal depression.
Should you, your partner or your client be suffering from the condition, the course guides you through a number of methods and techniques that can help an individual to overcome postnatal depression. How to go about seeking help from external sources, such as professionals, and the kinds of medicine that are available to help treat this illness, are also explained. Pre-emptive measures are explained in the form of a list of Dos and Don'ts, which can be put in place if you are at risk of suffering from the condition or start to become symptomatic.
In addition to the information about postnatal depression itself, the course also provides a number of case studies. These give a clear view of the condition, from people who have lived through it, explaining what they felt at the time and how they overcame it. The aim here is to reassure those with the condition that others have been there before and that steps can be taken to get better.
- Module 1 - Understanding the Basics
- Module 2 - Recognising Postnatal Depression
- Module 3 - Emotional Changes
- Module 4 - Causes Of Postnatal Depression
- Module 5 - Effects of Postnatal Depression - Parent-Infant Relationships
- Module 6 - What Can You Do On a Personal Level?
- Module 7 - Treating Postnatal Depression: Therapy and Coaching
- Module 8 - Do's & Don'ts of Postnatal Depression
Job roles this course is suitable for:Healthcare
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs