Course detailsThis course is also designed to help you on your way towards working within this area.
Separated into 2 distinct sections, the 1st section of this course provides information about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and what those with the condition can do to lessen its effects on their lives. The 2nd section of the course teaches students about the various treatment methods available and the training pathways you can follow to become a therapist working with those who have PTSD.
There is a lot that is misunderstood about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder that this course hopes to clarify. Students will be provided with relevant facts that explain who can get the condition and how, a description of the symptoms affiliated with PTSD, and what to expect from a diagnosis.
Thankfully there is now a wide range of treatments available to sufferers of PTSD, with options including clinical, medical, and complementary treatments. This course guides students through a number of treatments, explaining the differences and benefits of each. In addition, there are also a number of self-help activities, which will also be discussed, that have proven to significantly ease the symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Even with the various treatments and self-help practices available to them, it can still be very difficult for someone afflicted by PTSD to engage with the world around them. The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Awareness Diploma Course describes practical steps that can be taken by an individual, to become more involved with friends, family, the workplace, and society as a whole.
As mentioned earlier, students will be exposed to the role of a therapist working with those with PTSD. This includes understanding the process of diagnosis and typical treatment plans, as well as understanding what the role involves, the skills needed, and training pathways. Although there are many different specialists working to alleviate the symptoms of PTSD in their patients, this course goes into detail about 3 specific areas: Trauma-Informed Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
In addition to teaching students about the role of therapists and the types of treatments that can be provided, the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Awareness Course also discusses the routes that can be followed to become an expert in the area of PTSD. This also includes how to go about starting your own practice, discussing both the practical aspects and considerations you would need to make before setting up on your own.
NOTE: The information contained within this course does not act a replacement for professional medical care. An individual who suspects they may have PTSD, should immediately go to see their doctor to have a formal assessment. If you suspect that someone you know has PTSD, then encourage them to go see their doctor.
- Module 1 - A General Overview of PTSD
- Module 2 - Treatments for PTSD
- Module 3 - Self-Help for People with PTSD
- Module 4 - Living with PTSD
- Module 5 - Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Module 6 - Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Module 7 - EMDR
- Module 8 - Assessments and Treatment Plans for People with PTSD
- Module 9 - Train to Become a Professional
- Module 10 - Establish a Private Practice
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs