- Locations: Office Unit No 27-A, B, C & G, Almas Tower, Plot No. LT-2, Jumeriah Lake Towers, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Duration: 10 Days
- Call: +971 4 2753240
This course is fast-paced and will quickly bring you to a level where you can identify, grade and price diamonds according to international grading and trading practices. It will give you a thorough understanding of the grading standards followed worldwide and is ideally suited for inpiduals with tight time constraints.
- Evolution of diamonds from origin to market
- Mining process and morphology of rough diamonds
- Manufacturing stages from rough to polished
- Clarity, color, cut and carat weight estimation and evolution
- Grading of fancy shaped diamonds
- Identification of treatments, imitations and synthetics diamonds
- Factors affecting diamond pricing
- Intensive lab sessions
- Training and practical work using diamonds ranging from 0.15 carat to above a carat
- Limited number of participants to guarantee maximum attention to inpidual candidates
- Informative manual and grading kit sourced from IGI Headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium
- Guided tour of the IGI laboratory and research facilities
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry mostly became: entrepreneur, gemologist, freelancer, buyer, salesperson, quality control supervisor, investor, jewelry retailer, manufacturer, etc.
About International Gemological Institute Dubai
Around the world, IGI certificates bring confidence when buying or selling diamonds, gemstones and jetheylry. Total commitment to understanding consumer concerns has motivated IGI to develop comprehensive analysis and clear documentation for consumers. This empotheyrs jetheylry buyers to focus on finding precisely what they want, with full assurance in the integrity and quality of the IGI certification.
IGI is the largest organization of its kind, with operating laboratories & offices in Anttheyrp, New York, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bangkok, Tokyo, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Toronto, Los Angeles, Kolkata, New Delhi, Thrissur, Jaipur, Surat, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad. The IGI School of Gemology has locations in Anttheyrp, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Surat, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Dubai, Shanghai, Rome, Ascoli Piceno, Trecastagni, Cavalese, Marcianise and offers a variety of ctheirses designed for professionals and consumer enthusiasts alike.
A certificate from IGI represents the all-important 5th C that no one should be without: Confidence. As the world's largest independent gem certification and appraisal institute for diamonds, colored gemstones and jetheylry, IGI is a standard of excellence for industry professionals and consumers around the globe.See all International Gemological Institute Dubai courses