- Duration: 5 Days
- Module 1: Preparing to Deploy Windows 7 Business DesktopsThis module helps you plan and perform effective preparation tasks for deploying Windows 7 clients. It begins by discussing client, hardware, and deployment lifecycles. It also discusses how to assess existing computing environments and licensing.
- Module 2: Assessing Application Compatibility in Windows 7This module describes the process for addressing common application compatibility issues experienced during a typical operating system deployment. It also explains how to use the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) to help inventory, analyze, and mitigate application compatibility issues.
- Module 3: Evaluating Windows 7 Deployment MethodsThis module discusses different deployment scenarios and methods that are available when deploying Windows 7. It also discusses various tools and technologies to use in the different scenarios, and considerations for selecting a deployment scenario and method.
- Module 4: Designing Standard Windows 7 ImagesThis module, explains the underlying architecture of the computer imaging system that can be used to create and deploy a custom image of a Windows 7 desktop. It also discusses the different phases of the imaging process, and how to determine imaging strategy and image servicing opportunities in Windows 7.
- Module 5: Deploying Windows 7 by Using WAIKThis module explains the underlying computer imaging architecture of Windows AIK 2.0, which can be used to create and deploy a custom Windows 7 desktop image.
- Module 6: Deploying Windows 7 by Using Windows Deployment ServicesThis module describes how WDS can be used to deploy custom system images to client computers located within the network infrastructure.
- Module 7: Deploying Windows 7 by Using Lite Touch InstallationThis module describes how to design the Lite Touch Installation (LTI) environment, and provides you with an overview of the techniques that you can use to build and deploy Windows 7 using the MDT and the LTI scenario.
- Module 8: Deploying Windows 7 by Using Zero Touch InstallationThis module describes the necessary prerequisites and procedures for deploying the Windows 7 operating system using Zero Touch Installation methodology.
- Module 9: Migrating User State by Using WET and USMT 4.0This module explains user state migration, and how to use tools, such as Windows Easy Transfer and the Microsoft Windows User State Migration Tool (USMT), in various migration scenarios.
- Module 10: Designing, Configuring, and Managing the Client EnvironmentThis module examines how to design, configure, and manage Windows 7 client configurations. Specifically, it discusses Group Policy, Internet Explorer, and system security settings.
- Module 11: Planning and Deploying Applications and Updates to Windows 7 ClientsThis module discusses the implications of deploying applications to Windows 7 clients including Microsoft Office 2007. It also discusses the use of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Module 12: Deploying Windows 7 – Challenge ScenarioThis module is a comprehensive lab that gives the students an opportunity to perform an end-to-end deployment of Windows 7 by using the LTI.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses