Center Benefits - Microsoft Courses :
• Microsoft Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
• Microsoft Official Curriculum
• Microsoft Certified Trainers
• Certificate of Attendance from Microsoft
• Computer Labs: 1 PC for each student
• UAE Ministry of Education Accredited Institute
• Certificate of Achievement (Ministry Attestation fees apply)
• Corporate Venue: Onsite or at SitesPower
• Microsoft Exam Pass Guarantee
This five-day instructor-led course is intended for desktop administrators who want to specialize in desktop deployment, configuration, and management . In this course, students will learn how to plan and deploy Windows 7 desktops in large organizations . They will also learn how to design, configure, and manage the Windows 7 client environment. This course helps students prepare for the Exam 70-686, Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 7 desktop and application deployments and managing the desktop environments for large organizations. People attending this training could be support technicians or currently in deployment roles and are looking at taking the next step in their career or enhancing their skills in the areas of planning and deploying Windows 7 desktops.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Prepare to deploy Windows 7 business desktops.
• Assess and resolve application compatibility issues with Windows 7.
• Determine the most appropriate method to deploy Windows 7 based upon specific business requirements.
• Design a standard Windows 7 image by assessing and evaluating the business requirements.
• Deploy Windows 7 by using WAIK.
• Deploy Windows 7 by using WDS.
• Deploy Windows 7 by using Lite Touch Installation.
• Deploy Windows 7 by using Zero Touch Installation.
• Migrate user state by using Windows Easy Transfer and User State Migration Tool 4.0.
• Design, configure, and manage the Windows 7 client environment.
• Plan and deploy applications and updates to Windows 7 client computers.
• Plan and deploy Windows 7 by using LTI. (Lab-Only Module)
Before attending this course, students must have:
• A solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
• A solid Windows and Active Directory background. For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
• A good understanding of scripts and batch files.
• A solid understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
• Performed a clean installation of Windows 7, Upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from Windows XP.
• Configured disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable Windows 7 to function as desired.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting permissions and other settings to allow access to resources and applications on Windows 7 Systems.
• Experience configuring settings to enable network connectivity.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting a wireless network connection.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows 7 security.
• Configure mobile computers and devices.
• Familiarity with the client administration capabilities of Windows Server and familiar with management tools such as the System Center suite of products.
• Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
• The ability to work in a team/virtual team
• Trained and mentored others
- Module 1: Preparing to Deploy Windows 7 Business Desktops
- Module 2: Assessing Application Compatibility in Windows 7
- Module 3: Evaluating Windows 7 Deployment Methods
- Module 4: Designing Standard Windows 7 Images
- Module 5: Deploying Windows 7 by Using WAIK
- Module 6: Deploying Windows 7 by Using Windows Deployment Services
- Module 7: Deploying Windows 7 by Using Lite Touch Installation
- Module 8: Deploying Windows 7 by Using Zero Touch Installation
- Module 9: Migrating User State by Using WET and USMT 4.0
- Module 10: Designing, Configuring, and Managing the Client Environment
- Module 11: Planning and Deploying Applications and Updates to Windows 7 Clients
- Module 12: Deploying Windows 7 – Challenge Scenario
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses