Pipeline systems for oil and gas industry play important role in modern industrial operations. The purpose of this course is to present basic characteristics of efficient operation of pipelines in various engineering applications.
This course will cover the interaction of pipelines with flow moving equipment, i.e. pumps and compressors and technical characteristics of operation of pump and compressor stations.
The delegates will be introduced to main points of inspection and testing according to relevant API standards.
They will also develop familiarity with methods of cleaning and other maintenance activities, including necessary repairs as prevention of failures.
The programme will include several workshops with real problems from industrial practice which will enable discussions and exchange of experiences.
The course will feature:
- Main aspects of pipeline efficient and safe operation
- Approaches to pipeline flow control and measurements
- Processes of material degradation due to ageing and work load
- Best practices for pipeline cleaning and maintenance
- Inspection procedures and estimating remaining life of equipment
Is it right for me?
- Process, chemical and mechanical engineers working in petrochemical and process industry, including oil refineries and gas production companies where operation and maintenance of pipelines are high importance
- Operation, technical service and maintenance professionals from various processing plants involved in everyday operation, control, inspection and maintenance of pipelines
- Engineers and consultants dealing with planning of new production lines and retrofitting plants and introducing new technologies
- Technical professionals responsible for maintenance and repair of equipment
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify basic principles of safe operation & efficient maintenance of pipelines for various industrial applications.
- Develop deep understanding & familiarity with the practical aspects of operation and maintenance activities.
- Illustrate the concepts discussed and be provided with necessary experience in applying them.
- Use & follow the guidelines & best industrial practices related to operation, control, inspection & testing of pipelines.
What will it cover?
- Overview of Technical Characteristics of Pipelines
- Operation & Material Degradation
- Operation & Safety Management
- Maintenance Technologies
- Testing & Monitoring in Operation
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses