The aim of this post-graduate programme is to meet the needs of an increasing number of graduates, in-service teachers and lecturers from various disciplines who do not have any professional qualifications in education and to upgrade the quality of teaching in educational institutions.
The programme is designed to:
- prepare students for employment as teachers and lecturers in educational institutions with a qualification in the field of education.
- provide a strong balance of theoretical studies in education and research in the field of education.
- provide opportunities to develop competencies to become effective teachers and lecturers.
- Successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Education programme qualifies graduates to teach students in schools, colleges, university colleges and universities. This programme also equips graduates with an overall understanding and knowledge in the field of education. Graduates will be able to pursue post-graduate studies in the field of education.
Linkage with other programmes
- This proposed programme will provide graduates from programmes in the other Schools in WOU the opportunity to continue post-graduate studies and enter the field of education. It will provide them with a professional qualification which will enable them to teach in educational institutions.
Candidates must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of at least 2.5
- Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of less than 2.5 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field
- Any other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government and approved by the Senate of the University
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 30 years of age in the year of application and possess at least STPM / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience.
Welcome to the official page of Wawasan Open University - a vibrant learning community that inspires learning, supports innovation and nurtures all-round personal growth.
Wawasan Open University (WOU) is one of Malaysia’s foremost, private institutions of higher learning dedicated to adult learners who seek to pursue tertiary qualifications for professional development and self-enrichment.See all Wawasan University courses