This course is accredited by EDUQUAL, UK.
This PG Qualification helps professionals or senior managers in organizations working in the UAE, GCC, and other regions. This course will cover the basic fundamentals of procurement and contracts management in an organization. The course covers an overview of procurement management, as well as how good strategies can help improve an organization's Supply Chain, leading to business performance.
It is imperative for a Procurement Manager to understand the fundamentals of procurement & contracts, as well as understand the procurement strategies adopted world-wide, including how these benefit an enterprise. The course contents helps in understanding how to effectively strategize as well as efficiently manage procurement & contracts in an organization. Students of this course will learn the following key topics :
- Fundamental concept & effectiveness of procurement process in a commercial environment.
- Understand the value addition of procurement to business.
- Development of procurement strategies, improved working relationships with contractors & suppliers.
- Understand the process of contracts.
- Role of contracts in adding value & security to the business
- Purchasing and types of purchasing
- Purchasing through the years, purchasing cycle, preparation of purchase specifications
- (Enquiry stage, purchase order stage), RFP, RFQ and types of supplier relationship in purchasing. 3. Concept of Procurement.
- Role of shipping and freight forwarding in procurement management.
- Strategic procurement
- Two (2) Bin system, outsourcing, methodologies of outsourcing, global sourcing 7. JIT system, Inventory management, EOQ, DOQ, VMI(Vendor managed inventory) 8. Negotiation and role of negotiation strategies in procurement, EDI, ERP.
- Supplier selection and evaluation.
- LOI, MOU's, Contract Philosophy, Types of contracts, Objectives of contract,
- Components of a Contract, contract law.
- Importance of standard legal terms and conditions in purchase orders / contracts 13.Standard terms and conditions of Purchase Order
- Legal vetting of contracts
- Bid analysis and contract development
- Contract renewal or extension
- Approval of contracts
- Role of Arbitration and Mediation in contracts
- Breach of Contracts.
About Westford University CollegeAbout the Institution:
Established in 2009, Westford University College (previously known as Westford School of Management) is an educational institution started with a noble aim to provide UK degrees and qualifications, which are reputed and advanced in the area of Management training to the willing and highly motivated learners in Asia, Europe, Africa and Middle East in particular.
Winner of Forbes Higher Education Award 2019
Westford is associated with Cardiff Metropolitian University, Guglielmo Marconi University, University of Wolverhampton, UCAM (Spain) and Pearson (Edexcel) to provide their Undergraduate and Postgraduate Management programs in Africa, Middle East, India and Europe. Westford MBA’s are the most popular MBA programs in the middle east with more than 1000 students passing out in every year. Westofrd is known for their Education Quality and the affordability of the programs. Westford won 'Customer Delight award' from MENAA Awards for the two years in a row in 2015 & 2016.
Testimonial of former student:
"While choosing to study I was apprehensive of changing my routine from a hectic, highly competitive corporate life in the banking sector in UAE to the lecture rooms at Westford , for me it was a challenge. However contrary to my preconceived notions , westford gave me an experiential learning experience which helped me find the right balance of work and study . The MBA program enabled me to reflect on some very valuable concepts and tools that I can apply in the future and equipped me with cutting edge management techniques and a well rounded view of the global best practices The dual qualification has greatly benefited to progress in my career and I might not have attained two world class qualifications in this duration if I had chosen to pursue it separately. On top of these great experiences I was fortunate enough to have had the wonderful opportunity to explore new cultures especially during the 2 weeks study block in India...Exploring the serene charm of the back waters, pristine beauty of the coastal beaches in Kerala, an amazing combination of study and holiday which gave me a new lease of life"
- Ahmed Al Zarouni , Vice President, HSBC
"The best thing about Westford School of Management is that it offers you an opportunity to pursue a programme progressing to an MBA from the world-renowned University of Wolverhampton, UK .That give me an edge over the others, in a world where "Time is Money". At Westford SoM, I have been able to recognise my potential by taking part in educational as well as skill development. The faculty is the best in town coupled with a well-charted course structure."
- Ruzna Jumat Singlania , EmiratesNBD
"The MBA program at Westford gave me the opportunity to broaden my skill set and provided me the ability to delve deeper into management by gaining deep insights about the most relevant management techniques and global practices. An amazing feature which I really liked in this program is the dual qualification, a truly valuable asset. I was able to attain two globally reputed and accredited qualifications at the same time. The overall learning experience at westford was amazing and invigorating especially the 2 weeks study in India gave me an out of the blue chance holiday to see and experience the stunning natural beauty of the mystic back waters of kerala and new cultures together with an engrossed learning session ...I truly feel the westford program has delivered well beyond my expectations of a conventional MBA program and now I feel empowered to confidently believe that the sky is the limit for my future"
- Khalid Ismail, Country Head, Emirates Airlines (Cyprus & Greece) See all Westford University College courses
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.