Quality healthcare is crucial to a nation's welfare and it is important to have organizations that are willing to measure themselves against international standards.The courses aim to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective manager in the healthcare sector, equipping participants with an understanding of the external context in which healthcare organisations operate, how they are managed, and analytical techniques that can be applied to decision-making processes within the health sector.Students of this course will learn the following key topics :
- Understand the healthcare organisations structure and culture, including the organisational behavior in healthcare industry.
- Have a good knowledge on change management and organisational development in healthcare environments.
- Understand healthcare strategies, devise healthcare strategic plans and know about healthcare accreditation schemes.
- Know about healthcare quality, patient safety and prevention of medical errors.
- Understand healthcare management and leadership issues.
- Acquire a basic knowledge of healthcare financial
What will I learn?
- Introduction to healthcare management; overview of healthcare organisations structure; healthcare delivery systems; culture, organisational culture, cultural diversity and their influence in healthcare environments; organisational behavior and work team ethics
- Understanding the change management principles; models of change management organisational development in healthcare industries; training of staff
- How to develop healthcare strategies; developing hospital strategic plans; SMART objectives to implement healthcare plans; international healthcare accreditation schemes; clinical
- What are healthcare quality standards; how to ensure patient safety at all time; prevention of medical errors in the healthcare environment; legal statutory bindings in healthcare safety requirements
- What is leadership; how is leadership practiced in healthcare industry; marketing principles and their application in healthcare; difference between leaders and managers; effective and efficient management of a hospital; health technology assessment for healthcare managers; evidence based medicine for healthcare managers
- Understand the basic financial terms and definitions; what are assets and liabilities; how to make and read a financial statement; ingredients of healthcare financial management; appraisal techniques; costs, budgets and reports.
About Westford School of Management
Established in 2009, Westford School of Management is an educational institution started with a noble aim to provide UK degrees and qualifications, which are reputed and advanced in the area of Management training to the willing and highly motivated learners in Asia and Middle East in particular. Westford is associated with University of Wolverhampton and Pearson (Edexcel), UK Government approved university and awarding body, to provide their Postgraduate Management programs in Middle East and India.See all Westford School of Management courses
Management, Leadership and Business Related Questions
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.