- Price AED 12,672
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Deira
The course will enable participants to apply a structured approach to project justification, investment appraisal and decision making in the upstream petroleum business
Who Should Attend?
Those with little or no previous project investment appraisal experience
- Basic concepts
Identifying project cash flows and sources of information
- How to calculate the Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
Project payback. Net present value (NPV). Internal rate of return (IRR)
and the cost of Capital. Profitability index (PI). Strengths & limitations
of each method
- Project ranking - how to choose the best alternative
How to optimise expenditure
- How to deal with inflation
Taking account of taxation
- Accounting measures vs. Economic measures
Understanding other financial criteria for decision making. Balancing short
term vs. long term business objectives
- Economics, risk and decisions - decision to points are risk points
Decision points for oil fields and gas fields. Risk & probability
definitions and concepts. Risk identification, measurement & management.
Forecasting as risk management. Assumptions, sensitivities & risk
- Exploration and appraisal decisions, uncertainty, risk and exposure Monte Carlo Simulation
Economic models and spreadsheet design
Work scope definition and options. Decommissioning economics & risks. Cost
estimating and Contingencies. Financing options. Construction contracts
- Further development decisions and economic cut off
- Preparing convincing project proposals
- Post project appraisal
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- apply economic and risk management evaluation tools for the oil & gas project proposals
- identify and quantify key uncertainties during field development and full life cycle economics
- calculate the economic and financial viability of expenditure proposals projects under risk conditions
- develop a structured approach to measuring, managing and combating commercial risk
- assess the ranking of alternative projects
- prepare convincing project proposals in a way that will win management, partner and government approval
- improve project and business outcomes
Advanced Studies and Training Centre was established in the to bring together local business inpiduals with professional international trainers, with a view to facilitate learning
Keeping in mind the different cultural persity in Dubai, They offer trainings in a variety of subjects in both English and Arabic languages.
It is our mission to engage people in learning that inspires them to be involved and take action.
Our services – from leadership coaching and development to employee motivation – reflect our belief that engaged and inspired people build success in businesses.
Advanced Studies and Training Centre creates highly structured customized learning programs that engage people, They help build success and inspire people to envision and achieve shared goals.
Advanced Studies and Training Centre provides trainings and development programs in a variety of fields.See all Advanced Studies & Training Centre courses
Management, Leadership and Business Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 21, 2016 Risk Management