Perl is a powerful object-oriented scripting language used extensively with UNIX, Linux, Win32 and the Internet. In this course, you learn to write reusable scripts with Perl 5. Through intensive exercises, you learn to use Perl in your operating system and application environments as well as apply built-in functions of the language and make use of external modules.
- Quickly create effective, reusable Perl scripts
- Take advantage of Perl 5's many small operators and built-in functions
- Structure code with user-generated subroutines
- Exploit the many additional object-oriented packages available on the Internet
- Build real-world scripts that can be used on UNIX, Linux and Win32 platforms
- Solve complex data manipulation tasks with ease
During this course, you perform extensive exercises that provide in-depth, hands-on experience. Exercises include:
- Parsing and manipulating text with Perl regular expressions
- Reading and writing standard I/O streams and real-world data files
- Extracting and arranging information from multiple files
- Empowering scripts by using supplied and third-party OO modules
- Building network-capable scripts to access e-mail, database and Web servers
About BLI Consulting & Training
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses