- Locations: Arab Society for Continuous Dental Education cairo, egypt
- Duration: 49 Hours
combines lectures and hands-on workshop to cover a broad range of periodontics basic reaching up to advanced periodontal surgical techniques for teeth and implants with a highlight on aesthetics and new advances such as grafting and GTR placement.
- Anatomy of periodontium
- Classification and etiology of periodontal disease.
- Principles of diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Periodontal management of smokers and systemic diseased patients
- Plaque control and non surgical periodontal therapy.
- Periodontal mechanical instrumentation (hand and ultrasonic when and which to choose).
- Role of antimicrobial therapy in periodontal diseases.
- Periodontal surgery (types, flap design, suturing techniques, surgical instruments).
- Regenerative periodontal therapy.
- Bone defects and furcation lesions and how to manage them.
- Principles of soft tissue grafting (agents and techniques used).
- Gingival recession, how to avoid and how to treat it.
- Gingival overgrowth, causes and treatment.
- Esthetic smile.
- Periodontal plastic surgery.
- Surgical crown lengthening.
- Papilla reconstructive techniques.
- Mucogingival surgery
- Periodontal regeneration using GTR
- Ridge augmentation and guided bone regeneration.
- Implants or periodontal treatment; the current dilemma
- Suturing techniques.
- Flap technique.
- Covering recession.
Crown lengthening workshop:
- Biologic width, soft tissue crown lengthening, osseous crown lengthening, crown root ratio, anterior and posterior crown lengthening.
Soft tissue Grafting workshop:
- Connective tissue grafting techniques as well as free gingival graft.
- Bone Graft and GTR:
- Grafting fresh extraction sockets for ridge preservation utilizing the newest bone replacement materials and guided tissue membranes.
Upon completion of this course the dentist should be able to:
- Understand soft and hard tissue healing process
- Identify periodontal surgery instruments
- Treat Gummy smile
- Treat bone defect and gingival ression using different types of membranes and grafts
- Understand regenerative periodontal therapy and soft tissue therapy