- Price AED 3,500
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Al Bateen Executive Airport - أبو ظبي - United Arab Emirates
The Performance Management Workshop is aimed at all those who are responsible for appraising their staff, whether supervisors or senior managers. The programme is also aimed at those in Human Resources who have responsibility for administering and overseeing their organisation’s PMS and potentially supporting the appraisees and appraisers.
Our methodology in this Performance Management Workshop is to ensure that the workshops will be fully participative and experiential in nature, putting the theory into practice through interactive discussions and exercises. We will also use videos and role plays to ensure the participants know what good looks like and to accommodate all learning styles.
- Understand the value of Performance Management to their organisations and staff and be fully conversant with appraisal processes.
- Conduct effective appraisal meetings by inspiring, engaging and developing their staff to deliver higher levels of performance.
- Set and write SMART objectives for themselves and their direct reports.
- Identify suitable KPIs for their staff and manage these KPIs.
- Understand and use Behavioural Competencies to evaluate the relevant behaviours for their employees.
- Objectively measure performance using established rating systems
- Set Inpidual Development Plans.
Who Should Attend
- The “Open” Performance Management Training Workshop is aimed at all those who are responsible for appraising their staff, whether supervisors or senior managers. The programme is also aimed at those in Human Resources who have responsibility for administering and overseeing their organisation’s PMS and potentially supporting the appraisees and appraisers.
- Performance Management System
- What is performance management?
- Benefits of PMS seeing it from the perspective of the organisation, line managers and employees.
- Measurable criteria, perspectives/ competencies and staff development.
- PMS Cycle and stages.
- Ratings and evidence and how to evaluate objectively.
- Conducting effective performance appraisal meetings
- Planning and preparing for a performance appraisal meeting.
- Structuring an effective appraisal meeting – agenda.
- Conducting effective performance appraisal meetings.
- Giving and receiving Feedback.
- Appraisal techniques - praising, criticising, questioning, listening and summarising.
- Appraising difficult employees.
- Dos and don’ts and common errors.
- Monitoring and reviewing – the talent matrix.
- Identifying training and development needs and writing IDPs.
- Setting Objectives
- Why set objectives – benefits.
- Vision, mission, strategic objectives – cascading down to employees.
- Determining the ‘content’ and ‘format’ of objectives.
- Setting inpidual SMART/ SMARTER objectives.
- Key Performance Indicators and measuring KPIs.
- Linking KPIs to Key Result Areas.
- Achieving objectives through action plans.
- Competency Framework
- The Behavioural Competency Framework and its application to performance enhancement.
- Measuring behavioural indicators and assigning proficiency levels.
- Assessing performance against job-related behavioural competencies.
Course Prerequisite (s)
- Basic understanding of PMS
their team at the Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS) offer employers and employees of the aviation industry the very finest in international standard training.
Based at Al Bateen Executive Airport in the UAE capital of Abu Dhabi, they at GCAS are equipped with outstanding facilities, a pool of international knowledge and the highest of accreditations.See all Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS) courses