Who Should Attend:
- HR Managers
- HR Supervisors
How can your organisation expect its people to deliver bottom-line business results when individuals are unclear what's expected of them? Success Factors Goal and Performance Measurements help your organisation to not only easily measure employee performance but also to identify the star performers as well:
Easily measure individual employee contributions-accurately, clearly and objectively:
- Identify your star employees
- Revolutionise your employee evaluation process
- Bring workforce performance to the next level
- Boost compliance
- Install a true meritocracy.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the 'big picture' of effective performance management and its impact on business results
- Become proficient in the steps of the performance management process and execute them with ease
- Design a performance management system with clear definitions about roles, accountabilities and the standards of expected performance
- Strategically align individual goals and your department's business plan with the overall company objectives
- Identify the key success factors/key result areas of the organisation and accordingly set performance metrics
- Explore ways to manage performance with fairness and accuracy while maintaining consistency between all elements of the performance management process
- Understand and diagnose any potential rating errors and build a plan of action to correct the problems
- Evaluate performance and set parameters to decide the best course of action to deal with under-performance
- Discover ways to cut down on erratic performance and diagnose the reason behind it
- Provide performance feedback to employees, as well as, on-the-job coaching to improve performance and to confirm excellence in performance
- Set out a development plan for the personal success of the employee in relation to the department's achievements
- Ensure performance system is fair and unbiased which ensures employee satisfaction and motivation to achieve goals.
Performance management frame work
- What is performance management
- Why is performance management important?
- What are the characteristics of performance management system?
- How does performance management work?
a. Design During the design phase of performance management process, the following important questions are answered
- Why do we have performance management process?
- What do we expect from it?
- What standards will we use to evaluate employee?
- How will the evaluation be done?
- What tools will be used?
- Who will complete the evaluation?
- Who will evaluate?
- Accountability = specific job tasks + performance standards
- Job profiling
- Creating performance standards
- Example of an accountability on the performance management planning form
- key implementation critical success factors
- Finding organisation critical success factors
- Critical success factors metrics
- Critical success factors templates
- The 4 winning performance measure
- The performance measures foundation stone
- Partnership with the staff
- Transfer of power to the front line
- measuring and reporting only what matters
- Linkage performance measures to strategy through CSFs
- 10/80/10 Rule
- The 12 - step PM Model
- Readymade KPIs data base
- overall alignment with the organisation's culture and objectives
- fairness to employees
- extent to which it supports the organisation's recognition and reward system
- rating errors and biases
- general biases error
- halo effect
- logical rating error
- contrast and similarity error
- central tendency error
- rating inflation
- Rating the accountabilities.. How to decide?
- Needs improvements VS. Doesn't meet standards
- Meet standards VS. Exceed standards
- List the factors that contributed in the employee success
- List the factors that hurt the employee performance
- Successfully dealt with the situations
- Identify situations related to the last year's accountabilities and how the employee successfully dealt with the situation
- Look for how the ideas listed above may point towards ways to improve on the job
- Outline the employee's career goals and realistic options within the division
- Readymade examples and templates.
Job roles this course is suitable / will prepare you for
Mapping your Organisation with Effective Performance Management & Performance Measurement System
About HNI Training & Coaching
HNI Training and Coaching as a Dubai training center, is an innovator and leader in human capital development, providing world-class experiential corporate training solutions and services in English and Arabic to organisations in the MENA region. HNI Training and Coaching is amongst the leading training institutes in Dubai that currently offers training courses in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha in 16 different categories.