The Contractor Safety Training Scheme has now been adopted by BP, Dow Corning, Elf, Gulf, ICI, Lindsey Oil, National Power, Powergen, Shell, Texaco and many other major industrial companies. Over 120,000 contractors have already been trained, with many more scheduled for training next year.
One satisfied user has halved their contractor shut down accident rate since implementing the training, and others show significant improvement.
Passport to Safety course content
The minimum course content for this ECITB Passport to Safety (CCNSG) is contained within the course training specification, and is reflected in the standard training pack. The Passport to Safety course takes two days to deliver, and includes a test at the end of each module.
The Passport to Safety course covers ten modules:
- Introduction to health and safety law including Permit To Work
- Safe Working Practices Safe Access and Egress
- Accidents and First Aid Procedures
- Fire Precautions and Procedures
- COSHH and Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Working with Cranes and Heavy Equipment
Passport to Safety for supervisors
In addition to the 10 modules above, Supervisors have an extended version, outlining their duties and responsibilities, plus training in how to give tool box talks, and how to perform a risk assessment.
Note that the ECITB will only pay the Site General Grant for the two day course content of 10 modules, and so does not cover the third additional day for supervisor specific training.
BSS are approved course providers for HS001, and all of our instructors are qualified to at least NEBOSH National General Certificate level (and working toward their diploma), and are practising safety professionals. Furthermore, they are all train the trainer qualified
Refunds of fees will only be made for written cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the start of the course (less a 10% cancellation fee to cover administration costs). However, we are happy to accept substitute delegates. Any changes to delegates should be notified, by telephone, as soon as possible.
Bookings that are accepted within 48 hours are deemed confirmed and subject to payment, even if the delegate is subsequently unable to attend.
The programme of courses is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to alter or cancel the programme due to circumstances beyond our control.
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Construction Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety