- Fees / Price KWD 150
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
The CCNSG Leading a Team Safely (LaTS) is a one day course designed for supervisory staff who have a responsibility for teams, but is also applicable to lone workers who manage themselves. This LaTS course is only available to delegates' that have successfully completed the two day basic CCNSG nationally accredited safety passport. It may be sat at the end of the basic course or at some time in the future.
Supervisor's and team leaders play an important role in ensuring site safety. They can influence the behaviour of those they supervise and ensure good planning and communication of health and safety issues related to the work. So helping to ensure workers' work on site more safely with lower risks to themselves and others.
The course has been designed to move away from the legalistic aspects of health and safety; these should already have been covered during the 2 day basic passport course. e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994.
The course extends the delegates' understanding gained by obtaining the basic CCNSG National Safety Passport for site working. It helps supervisory staff and lone workers who have little or no training in their health and safety responsibilities, or indeed, little training in the essentials of leadership. The course focuses on the essentials of being a leader and covers aspects such as planning, implementing and reviewing with a health and safety focus
The supervisor qualification, like the basic passport, is valid for three years and is renewed by retaking the supervisor day upon expiry.
The CCNSG Leading a Team Safely programme is designed to provide an essential introduction to managing small teams and covers the following;
- How to communicate successfully
- How to lead a team successfully
- How to achieve safe outcomes
- Self management
- How to work safely with others.
It explores these topics in an interactive way and delegates' participation throughout the day is a key factor. The course requires possession of a basic understanding of English.
The course covers four elements;
Element 1: The Team
- What makes a successful Team?
- Leadership qualities
- Leadership styles
- Leadership behaviours
- Nature or Nurture
- Adapting Leadership styles
- Adopting the right leadership style
- Team leaders toolbox
Element 2: The Plan
- The communication highway
- Message and meaning
- Brain basic functions
- The Plan - essential elements
- Selecting the right people with the right skills
- Selecting the right job with the right tools
- Being in the right place at the right time
- Work instructions, RAMS
- The Work Plan
- Pre-start Briefing
Element 3: The Job
- The case study - The Mill
- Objectivity versus Subjectivity
- Control System
- Expert Advice
- Supervision and Monitoring
- Monitoring and Communication
- Interruptions to the Job
Element 3: Good Job
- What makes a good job
- Scenario Exercise
- Ways of Listening
- Do you have what it takes?
The assessment of learning is by a 20 question multi-choice question paper issued at the end of the day and candidates must achieve a minimum 80% in order to pass. Subject to successfully passing this test, the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB) will issue an up-dated credit card sized (supervisor) passport direct to the delegate. The passport is the property of the employee - not the contractor. The certificate contains the delegate's name, expiry date of the passport (which is 3 years from the date of passing the test), and a card number.
How is it received?
The course itself involves a significant amount of delegate participation. In presenting the course, the trainer will talk with the trainees rather than at the trainees, giving the continuous message "if you cannot plan, measure and communicate then you cannot supervise!"
To attend the supervisors course, candidates must be in possession of a valid basic passport. The supervisors course is usually held at the end of a basic course.
Refunds of fees will only be made for written cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the start of the course (less a 10% cancellation fee to cover administration costs). However, we are happy to accept substitute delegates. Any changes to delegates should be notified, by telephone, as soon as possible.
Bookings that are accepted within 48 hours are deemed confirmed and subject to payment, even if the delegate is subsequently unable to attend.
The programme of courses is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to alter or cancel the programme due to circumstances beyond our control.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses