ABOUT THIS COURSE
Practice makes the perfect artist. Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to sketch and create your own works of art!
Turning a blank piece of paper into a drawing seems ;Where do you start - at the corners or in the middle? What to draw first - the dominant feature or the surroundings? How do you make objects look 3D and not flat?
The good news is that you can learn how to ;Like any skill, the more you practice, the better you ;The secret ingredient is time.
With this course by your side, you'll have many wonderful ideas on what to sketch and how to draw whatever you wish. See how quickly your sketches come to life on your page and how fast you improve as an artist.
Know which sketching technique matches your subject. Use tone, color, perspective and ;Follow the step-by-step instructions to turn your blank sheet of paper into a work of art.
Sketching is easy to start - you just need paper and a pencil or pen. See the world through the eyes of an ;Start sketching.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- This course is packed with instructions and advice to make you fall in love with drawing
- Find out the best materials to use including types of pens, pencils, paints and paper
- Essential sketching techniques to get the right proportions, angles and contours. Tips on which techniques work best with your particular subject matter, such as crowds of people
- 14 key principles of composing your sketch
- Loads of ideas on finding inspiration for your sketches
- Motivational tips to carry on sketching and sketching in public places
Who is this course for?
- Everyone can learn to draw as long as they practice
- Anyone who would love to start drawing or wants to take up sketching again
- Anyone looking for a creative hobby which draws them away from their fast-paced, everyday life
- People seeking a pastime which is therapeutic or relieves stress
- Anyone who wants to make a career out of art can learn sketching to sell their drawings or become an illustrator, graphic designer, animator or fashion designer
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduction to sketching
- Motivation & inspiration
- What you need
- Making measurements
- Storage, transport and care of your tools
- Organic lines
- Matching subject to technique
- Compositional pointers
- School and work
- Bars, cafes and pubs
- Public transport
- Project: pub scene
- On the streets
- Homeless people
- Parks and public spaces
- Project: busker
- Simple landscapes
- The urban landscape
- Street furniture
- Markets and meeting places
- Project: Statue
- Museums and galleries
- Offices and workshops
- Project: gallery
- Module 9: Discover New Ways To Draw
- Time of day
- Sketching for painting
- How I develop my ideas
Eligibility / Requirements
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
About International Open Academy
All IOA courses are created by an international team of professional online educators with years of experience across a variety of industries. You can benefit from a wealth of hands-on knowledge and get the inside track on working within the industries that interest you most.
Our courses are created just for you. All study is completed online. You can learn anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Get comfortable and let us guide you on your way to becoming a professional in your chosen industry.
The courses are structured into clearly defined topics, containing detailed written lessons, graphical representations as well as a wealth of instructional videos.
Transform your career today with our accredited online courses.