Course detailsThis Paediatric First Aid training course is for everybody who is responsible for the welfare of children. It examines how you should adapt and employ basic First Aid techniques for a child or baby. The course looks at every medical situation from treating minor cuts and grazes, to performing CPR on an unresponsive infant.
Treating a casualty with First Aid is a hard but rewarding experience. Being able to help a child in distress or pain is an especially admirable talent and one that all parents or child-minders should ideally know.
By the end of the course, you'll know how to interact with a young casualty, how to keep them calm, and when to call an emergency. It should prove to hold invaluable information for keeping children and babies safe from illness, and potentially life-threatening conditions.
- Accredited by CPD
- Complies with The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with Professional voice-over
- Developed by qualified first aid professionals
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
This comprehensive course is ideal for individuals associated with the first aid sectors such as:
- Nursery and pre-school workers
- Leisure facility staff
- Anyone who wishes to be able to provide First Aid for all possible casualties
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Recognise the fundamental requirements of childcare and how First Aid can benefit that
- Provide a survey and risk assessment of an incident
- Perform resuscitation on a child or baby
- Recognise and treat minor ailments in children
- Deal with emergency situations and help with major ailments in children
- Recognise when Emergency Services need to be contacted
At the end of the course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven't, there's no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself.
Module 01: Introduction to Paediatric First Aid
Module 02: Assessment and Assistance
Module 03: Loss of Responsiveness and CPR
Module 04: Paediatric First Aid for Common Illnesses, Injuries and Incidents
Module 05: First Aid for Acute Medical Conditions
Module 06: Call for an Emergency Updated on 16 April, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Learners should be aged 16 or over. Basic understanding of the English language is required to attend this course.
About Training ExpressThe Training Express is a group of experts based in the United Kingdom, delivering high-quality certification and training to businesses and individuals looking to better themselves. We work in various disciplines and industries, with our primary point of concern being to help promote high standards of food hygiene, business well-being and safety in the workplace.
By helping you to bring in professionals who can make the right choice, to improving safety standards, we offer numerous course managed by qualified professionals. We do this by always improving our course quality and quantity, always introducing new opportunities for you to better yourself as a person and as professionals.
Standards are very important to us, which is why we only work with trainers and professionals who we can 100% trust. This allows us to get the job done much easier, always sourcing the right experts and the most qualified trainers in the shortest space of time. This helps us to deliver professionally respected and reputable online learning situations to help increase the standards of professionalism and safety at work.