Course detailsOur Laboratory Technician Safety course has been devised to enlighten learners of the basic equipment and chemicals used in clinical laboratories. The participants will also get deep insights into the precautionary measures needed to prevent, reduce and control the risk exposure. Working around hazardous substances poses a few threats by itself. Training employees and taking precautionary measures is the only way to prevent accidents and ;
Safety is a major concern in the workplace where employees are exposed to equipment and chemicals that pose the threat to cause ; So people working in such places should be well aware of the prevalent risks and the corresponding safety measures that are going to save him from the hazard. The course will teach learners how to carry out Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations(RIDDOR). The act was laid out to encourage people to follow health and safety procedures in the workplace and prevent ;
By the end of the course, you will know the full principles and contents of the COSHH act, and how it may apply to your workplace. As well as identifying the regulations, you will know the significance of COSHH symbols and how to act with them. You will also be able to perform risk assessments and mitigations in your workplace.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
This comprehensive course is ideal for professionals who work in the health care sector, such as:
- Healthcare Assistant
- Laboratory technicians
- Laboratory assistant
- Relevant People working in this field
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Figure out about different types of equipment are used
- Expand your knowledge on the different type of chemicals used in laboratory
- Understand the threats posed by standard laboratory procedures
- Explore how to carry out Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations(RIDDOR) duties
- Understand the responsibilities when dealing with dangerous chemicals or materials.
- Identify the various substances covered by COSHH regulations.
- Recognise the health risks with hazardous materials.
- Perform a risk assessment and management plan in the workplace for dangerous substances.
- Monitor and measure the risk levels in the workplace.
- Perform health surveillance on the colleagues.
At the end of the course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself.
All of our courses are fully accredited. The content of the Laboratory Technician Safety course is certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to the continuous professional development principles. This course provides you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helps you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Module 01: Introduction to the Course
Module 02: Laboratory Equipment (Part-01)
Module 03: Laboratory Equipment (Part-02)
Module 04: Solutions Used in Clinical/Medical Laboratory
Module 05: Sterilisation, Disinfection and Decontamination
Module 06: Laboratory Accidents and Safety
Module 07: RIDDOR
Module 08: COSHH Explained
Module 09: COSHH Regulations
Module 10: Health Problems Related to Hazardous Substances
Module 11: Identifying Hazardous Substances
Module 12: COSHH Risk Assessment: Identifying Hazard and Assessing Risk
Module 13: Control Measures and Monitoring
Module 14: Implementation of Control Measures Updated on 18 February, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
Learners should be aged 16 or over.
Just Basic understanding of the English language is required to attend this course
About Training ExpressThe Training Express is a group of experts based in the United Kingdom, delivering high-quality certification and training to businesses and individuals looking to better themselves. We work in various disciplines and industries, with our primary point of concern being to help promote high standards of food hygiene, business well-being and safety in the workplace.
By helping you to bring in professionals who can make the right choice, to improving safety standards, we offer numerous course managed by qualified professionals. We do this by always improving our course quality and quantity, always introducing new opportunities for you to better yourself as a person and as professionals.
Standards are very important to us, which is why we only work with trainers and professionals who we can 100% trust. This allows us to get the job done much easier, always sourcing the right experts and the most qualified trainers in the shortest space of time. This helps us to deliver professionally respected and reputable online learning situations to help increase the standards of professionalism and safety at work.