Course detailsILM ENDORSED EFFECTIVE TEAM LEADER PROGRAM
The Global ILM ENDORSED EFFECTIVE TEAM LEADER PROGRAM is designed to assist experienced supervisors and managers, who are seeking to enhance their skills in leadership, and to build cohesive and productive work teams. The program is Endorsed by the ILM, and participants receive certification from the ILM.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management. The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM SUTABLE FOR?
The Global EFFECTIVE MANAGER PROGRAM is designed to meet the needs of:
- Experienced supervisors or first-line managers;
- Supervisors and team leaders promoted to new roles of responsbility and taking on increased management challenges;
- Supervisors in both the commercial and public sectors.
The courses in this program include:
COURSE 1: BUILDING AN EFFECTIVE TEAM
- Defining the effective team
- Tuckman-Jensen Team Building Model
- Forming an effective team
- Storming - building the team
- Norming - aligning the effective team
- Performing - focusing the team on results
- Goal Setting and Performance
- Team Motivation and Performance
- Managing Team Roles for Performance
- Understanding and Defining Leadership
- Understanding leadership
- The evolution of leadership
- Understanding leadership styles
- Understanding situational leadership
- Using the 3 main leadership styles
- Understanding transformational leadership
- Leadership and employee engagement
- Leading through motivation
- Assess your leadership effectiveness
- Being effective as leader
- Planning and preparing for the meeting
- Preparing Agendas and meeting logistics
- Developing and managing Agendas
- Chairing the meeting
- Managing interruptions
- Managing Disruptive Participants
- Manage the taking of minutes
- Managing Virtual Meetings
- Following up on meetings
- The Problem Solving Method
- Problem Recognition and Definition
- Information Gathering
- Define a problem to enable solution development
- Root cause analysis
- Generating Solutions
- Effective Decision making
- Analyzing Solution Options
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Planning Solution Implementation
- The Biology of Stress
- Understanding Stress
- Understanding how stress affects your life.
- Identify your Work Stress Profile
- Understanding the effects of stress on your people
- The Role of the manager
- Using the 3 A's approach to Managing Stress
- Taking Control at Work
- Managing Environmental Stress
- Working with Powerful people
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Setting up Stress Defenses
- Using Relaxation Techniques to cope with stress
- Diet Sleep and Exercise - creating a low stress lifestyle
- Management Competence and Managing Stress
- The Role of the Organization in Managing Stress
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising supervisors or managers with the opportunity to analzye their business environment and their personal leadership experieneces.
Learners are free to complete the ILM Award and Certificate programs at their own pace. However, the Award in First Line Management must be completed within 6 months from the date of enrolment.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a passmark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £75), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.
5 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
CERTIFICATION: ILM Endorsed Program in Effective team Leadership.
DELIVERY: On-line with email, skype and phone support as required.
RESOURCES: Downloadable Learners manuals for each course, additional articles, workbooks and worksheets. Updated on 25 June, 2020
About Global Management Academy
Global Management Academy is the leading provider of Online Business and Management Courses to managers across Europe, India, East Asia and Australasia. Global Management Academy is an Accredited ILM Center and ATHE Center and offers an extensive range of ILM Qualifications and University Qualifications through our partner universities.See all Global Management Academy courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.