The Global ILM ENDORSED EFFECTIVE MANAGER PROGRAM is designed to assist experienced supervisors and managers, responsible for the management of one or more teams, achieve better control while enhancing the performance of their units. The program has a strong focus on leadership, and will help managers improve team productivity, and business performance. The program is Endorsed by the ILM, and participants receive certification from the ILM.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
,.Global Management Academy is an Approved Centre for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management. The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM SUTABLE FOR?
The Global EFFECTIVE MANAGER PROGRAM is designed to meet the needs of:
- Experienced managers with responsibility for leading one or more units in an organization;
- Managers seeking to enhance the cohesion and effectiveness of their teams;
- Managers seeking to realign their teams to meet new business challenges;
- Managers in both the commercial and public sectors.
The courses in this program include:
COURSE 1: EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT
- Understanding the Management role
- Knowing your personal management style
- Understanding your Organization's structure and strategy
- Understanding how to align yourself and your team to best realize organization goals
- Planning and resource optimization
- Delegating effectively
- Controlling your Business Unit
- Interpersonal communication skills for effective management
- Coaching for performance
- Developing your management Profile
- Understanding Costs
- Understanding Costs Management
- Understanding Standard Costs
- Understanding Budgets
- The Budgeting Architecture
- Developing the Sales Budget
- Developing the Labor Budget
- Developing the Production Budget
- Developing the Materials Budget
- Developing the Overhead Budget
- Developing the Selling and General Admin Budget
- Finalizing the Budget
- Monitoring the Budget
- Best Practices in Budgeting
- Understanding your Audience
- Choosing your Delivery Methods
- Structuring for maximum impact
- Overcoming Nervousness
- Creating and Using Flip Charts
- Creating Compelling PowerPoint Presentations
- Using virtual delivery mediums
- Using your voice effectively
- Delivering with confidence
- How to entertain and stimulate your audience.
- How to Handle Challenges.
- The CIPD Framework for Managing Conflict in Organizations
- Understanding conflict at work
- Assessing how effectively your organization manages conflict
- Conflict resolution styles
- The Thomas-Kilman Conflict resolution Instrument
- Creating the Atmosphere for Resolution
- Focusing on Individual and Shared Needs
- Dealing with Angor
- Creating Mutual Understanding
- Getting to the Root Cause
- Generating Options
- Building a Solution
- Managing the Process
- Additional Tools for Conflict resolution (Johari Window, The Agreement Frame etc…)
- What to do when resolution fails
- Understanding your Organization
- Understanding the Business Strategic Agenda
- The Power of Alignment
- Assessing your Performance Leadership
- Using the Balanced Scorecard
- Assessing Team Performance
- Belbin's Team Role Analysis Framework
- Optimizing Team roles to enhance performance
- Applying Motivation Theory to get the most out your people
- Setting High Expectations
- Securing a Performance Focus
- Securing Team Commitment
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS - There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising supervisors or managers with the opportunity to analyse their business environment and their personal leadership experiences.
PROGRAM DURATION - Learners are free to complete the ILM Award and Certificate programs at their own pace. However, the Award in First Line Management must be completed within 6 months from the date of enrolment. You will need to set aside about 10 hours per month to complete this program in 5 months.
ASSESSMENT - Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
INCLUDED - In addition, enrolment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £75), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.
5 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
CERTIFICATION: ILM Endorsed Program in Effective Management
DELIVERY: On-line with email, skype and phone support as required.
RESOURCES: Downloadable Learners manuals for each course, additional articles, workbooks and worksheets. Updated on 25 June, 2020
About Global Management Academy
Global Management Academy is the leading provider of Online Business and Management Courses to managers across Europe, India, East Asia and Australasia. Global Management Academy is an Accredited ILM Center and ATHE Center and offers an extensive range of ILM Qualifications and University Qualifications through our partner universities.See all Global Management Academy courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.