Course detailsThe level 3 paediatric first aid training course covers the role of the paediatric first aider and first aid procedures in-depth, ideal for teaching professionals, paediatric nurses, parents and childminders.
This course is an accredited qualification for those who work with children and have first aid responsibilities, designed to provide learners with the essential skills, confidence and knowledge to deal with a range of accidents, injuries and illnesses. It also includes expert guidance and advice on how to create a solid action plan for an emergency situation.
Through instructor-led training, you will learn how to perform life-saving procedures such as CPR, as well as treat minor injuries such as burns and scalds, knowing when the time is right to contact emergency services. You will also be taken through the steps for helping a child who is suffering from shock or a concussion, how to deal with a child who has fractured or broken a bone, and how to place an unresponsive child in the recovery position.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
This comprehensive course is ideal for individuals associated with the first aid sectors such as:
- Paediatric Nurses
- Nursery and pre-school workers
- Leisure facility staff
- Anyone who wishes to be able to provide First Aid for all possible casualties
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Dres's wounds, manage to bleed and treat minor injuries
- Plan for and deal with a range of first aid incidents, such as choking
- Assess a casualty safely and know when and how to contact emergency services
- Perform life-saving procedures such as CPR and place a child in the recovery position
- Provide first aid treatment to a child who is suffering from shock or a seizure
Module 1: Introduction to Paediatric First Aid
Module 2: Planning and Preparation
Module 3: Essential First Aid Knowledge and Skills
Module 4: Basic Life Support
Module 5: Fractures and Head Injuries
Module 6: Shock, Bleeding and Dressing Wounds
Module 7: Specific Medical Conditions
Module 8: Minor Injuries
Module 9: First Aid Documentation and First Aid Kits Updated on 06 April, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Learners should be aged 16 or over. Basic understanding of the English language is required to attend this course.
About Training ExpressThe Training Express is a group of experts based in the United Kingdom, delivering high-quality certification and training to businesses and individuals looking to better themselves. We work in various disciplines and industries, with our primary point of concern being to help promote high standards of food hygiene, business well-being and safety in the workplace.
By helping you to bring in professionals who can make the right choice, to improving safety standards, we offer numerous course managed by qualified professionals. We do this by always improving our course quality and quantity, always introducing new opportunities for you to better yourself as a person and as professionals.
Standards are very important to us, which is why we only work with trainers and professionals who we can 100% trust. This allows us to get the job done much easier, always sourcing the right experts and the most qualified trainers in the shortest space of time. This helps us to deliver professionally respected and reputable online learning situations to help increase the standards of professionalism and safety at work.