ABOUT THIS COURSE
Everyone can learn to draw once they know these simple art techniques. Start drawing immediately and develop your artistic passion by following these inspiring videos!
Would you love to draw a beautiful picture? You can! Our video course, created by popular YouTube artist Shayda Campbell, shows you how to draw with easy-to-follow videos. You watch and follow her example. Release your inner artist, express yourself on paper and learn to draw with confidence.
This course is for everyone who wants to be more creative, no matter their skill level. You'll get to know different art techniques such as contour drawing, shading, and adding depth and perspective. Then you'll move on to creating a floral illustration, which is Shayda's top passion, before drawing everyday objects, learning to make original cards and journal pages.
You'll quickly build your confidence and ability with this course! Whether you're looking for a satisfying hobby or want to sell your art work, this course will unleash the artist that lies within us all. Imagine the pleasure you'll give people when they receive a unique card or painting created by you!
Drawing is also good for you. It's great exercise for your brain as you become more observant of things around you and become more creative. It's fabulous for your hand-eye coordination and it's an amazing stress buster as you become immersed in your drawing.
Be inspired to learn to draw by signing up for our creative video course. The beauty of video is that you can see exactly what you need to do and pause the recording at any time so you can really take your time with your practice. Sign up now and start drawing!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
You'll be introduced to Shayda Campbell, who'll show you how to create simple but very effective works of art. Following her step-by-step videos you will be drawing beautiful works of art. You'll learn to draw:
- flowers and foliage, which make super cards for family and friends as well as journal spreads or fun artwork for your home
- everyday objects. See them in a new light and turn them into works of art
- In your own style, developing your own unique voice and point of view
This video course will get your creative juices flowing, so you can enthusiastically create amazing and unique drawings or illustrations. Whether you have a passion for abstract art, realism or any artistic style in between, our Drawing And Illustration video course gives you the foundation to start drawing.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone! Drawing is a wonderful exercise for the mind, eyes and hands. It helps us to become more observant by looking at things in a new light. It helps us to concentrate and it's great for our hand-eye coordination
- Everyone who is looking for a fun and pleasurable way to relax. Drawing helps us to 'be in the moment', so it is therapeutic and a fantastic mindfulness exercise
- Any frustrated artist wishing to refresh scarcely-used creative skills by learning to draw again
- People who are feeling stressed can improve their mood by getting wrapped up in their drawing and switching off from everyday life
- People looking for an enjoyable hobby which they can do anywhere - at home or on location
- Artists who would love to create unique gifts and cards for family and friends
- People who would like to build a business or profitable sideline selling their drawings, illustrations or cards
- Anyone looking for ways to be more creative or expressive should learn to illustrate or draw as it helps us to open our imagination
- People who would love to be able to create lasting memories by sketching loved ones, including their pets, or places that are dear to them
- Anyone interested in an art career and wants to learn to draw different objects
- Therapists can encourage their clients to learn to illustrate or draw to help with depression, mindfulness or Alzheimer's
Module 1: Introduction
- Meet the artist
- Course overview
- All about drawing and illustration
- Gaining confidence as a beginner artist
- Tracing and transferring
- Depth and perspective
- Contour drawing
- Line shading
- Color selection
- Getting started with drawing flowers
- Quick floral doodles
- Sketching, line drawing, and shading flowers
- Project 1: Gladioli and eucalyptus
- Project 2: Houseplants, cacti and succulents
- Developing your artistic style
- Project 1: Fruit and vegetables
- Project 2: Kitchen utensils
- Project 3: Clothing
- Project 1: Hand drawn card
- Project 2: Illustrated list
- Project 3: Journal spread
Eligibility / Requirements
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
About International Open Academy
All IOA courses are created by an international team of professional online educators with years of experience across a variety of industries. You can benefit from a wealth of hands-on knowledge and get the inside track on working within the industries that interest you most.
Our courses are created just for you. All study is completed online. You can learn anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Get comfortable and let us guide you on your way to becoming a professional in your chosen industry.
The courses are structured into clearly defined topics, containing detailed written lessons, graphical representations as well as a wealth of instructional videos.
Transform your career today with our accredited online courses.