Course detailsAbout The Course
Many of us require to work in a hazardous environment handling different hazardous substances. Coming in contact with many of such dangerous substances can also be life-threatening at times. And you surely won’t want to risk your or your employees lives in any such cases. That is why not only it is essential to train yourself and your team in handling hazardous substances, but there is even strict legislation in this regard imposed all over the UK.
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations first came into effect in 1988. Regulations 2002 replaced all previous sets of rules and was set out to guide upholding safety and security of workers from harmful chemical and biological agents at work.
Our Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations Training course is aimed at professionals working with hazardous substances daily. Our training aims to provide learners with an understanding of the health risks associated with working in environments that contain hazardous substances. Alongside, the legislative responsibilities imposed on an organisation as per COSHH are mentioned in our course as well. Overall, our course will give you an insight into the various safety and control measures that you can be implemented in your workplace to ensure utmost safety without any chances of terrible mishaps.
Highlights of The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- The hazardous substances found in workplaces
- The COSHH regulations and other health and safety regulations that are concerned with hazardous substances at work
- The duties imposed on employers and employees
- Identifying hazardous substances and health implications as a result of exposure
- The COSHH risk assessment and control measures
- The acceptable practices for safety and how safe systems of work help in mitigating the risk of harm from exposure to hazardous substances
- Maintenance of hazardous substances
- COSHH risk assessments
- Relevant legislation
- Control measures and good practices
Why Choose Skill Express?
- Instantly accessible CPD Accredited certificate on successful course completion
- 24/7 access to the course for lifetime
- Free E-Certificate after course completion
- Developed by qualified professionals with updated resources
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday - Friday)
- No hidden fees or exam charges
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health is a popular course, ideal for anyone who is looking forward to work with hazardous substances, as well as professionals who are responsible for safety in the workplace. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, then this course is perfect for you.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We pride ourselves on our supportive network of dedicated instructors and attentive customer service team who are dedicated to assisting you through your learning journey. Contact them at any time via email should you have any questions or queries.
Module 01: COSHH Basics
- Substances hazardous to health
- Workplaces in the risk of hazardous substances
- Dangers of hazardous substances
- Key statistics
- Advantages of compliance with COSHH
- The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) 2002
- The CLP regulation
- Approved Code of Practice (ACoP)
- Law enforcement
- COSHH employer responsibilities
- Employee responsibilities
Module 03: Hazardous Substances-Related Health Concerns
- Major health hazards
- High-risk professions
- Entry pathways
- Health implications of hazardous substances
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
Module 04: Determining Hazardous Substances
- Labelling chemicals
- Safety data sheets
- Emergency protocols
- Dangerous substances
- Flammable substances
- Defining risk assessment
- Steps in risk assessment
- Identifying the hazards
- Determining who is susceptible to harm and how
- Evaluating risks
- Substituting substances
- Principles of good practice
- Hierarchy of control
- Hierarchy of control- elimination & substitution
- Engineering controls
- Administrative controls
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safe Systems of Work (SSOW)
After completing the course successfully, you will be required to pass an automated, multiple-choice questions test which will give you the instant result once you finish the exam. And you can get all of these in a one-time payment!
Certification of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
After completing the course successfully, the learner will immediately receive an E-Certificate which will be completely free of cost. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post. Although there is no expiry date on the certificate, we do recommend our learners to renew the certificate every twelve months.
Who is this course for?
This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) course is perfect for:
- Construction workers
- Cleaning professionals
- Gas Engineers
This Course Designed By Qualified Professionals.
There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) can help you in a range of professions. Some of the related industries are:
- Food business
- Beauty industry
- Engineering industry
- Welding industry
- Woodworking industry
- Chemical manufacturers
- Automobile industry
About Skill Express
SkillExpress is your trusted platform for the most trending and useful online courses. Starting our journey officially in 2020, our efforts are keen on drafting, developing, and delivering online courses to train you for working collaboratively in a competitive work environment. Our team consists of professionals of different sectors working solely on their experiences and practical approaches to come up with a compelling and realistic course. Thus, it makes our courses suitable for all the people engaged in their respective fields.
We believe that all courses should provide you with ways to improvise on yourself, including your skillset, knowledgebase, and help you prove yourself as an asset in your workplace. We aim to devise interactive courses that would be both theoretically and practically correct and compatible with your field of interest. We work in ensuring that our learners don’t need any extra assistance while working and can learn any time, anywhere without any hassle!