- Inspecting the container before packing
- Good working practices for packing
- Procedures and practices for packing ‘regular’ cargoes into containers
- Procedures and practices for packing ‘special’ cargoes into containers
- Packing dangerous goods into containers
- Completion of container packing
- Procedures for unpacking containers.
This Unit is designed:
- To explain how a container is inspected and prepared in readiness for being packed with cargo.
- To describe the general principles and working practices followed when packing and securing goods in containers.
- To explain how particular types of regular and special packages and cargoes are packed into containers.
- To outline the precautions necessary when packing dangerous goods into containers.
- To describe the tallying, recording and other documentary procedures followed during and after packing a container.
- To outline the precautionary, procedural and documentary steps followed when unpacking a freight container.