- Causes of containerized cargo damage
- Responsibility and liability for packing
- Originating the packing sequence— documentation
- Selecting the container
- Packaging cargoes for containerization
- Tight stows and secure stows
- Sequence and arrangement of packing
- The container loading plan.
This Unit is designed:
- To describe and explain how poor container packing practices and procedures can cause damage, deterioration and other problems to cargo, and to discuss responsibility and liability for accidents resulting from poor packing.
- To explain the preliminary documentary and other procedures preparatory to a container being packed with cargo.
- To describe the principles and practices followed when planning for the packing of goods in containers.