Participants will be introduced to OSHA - USA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles covered in OSHA Act Part 1910.
Special emphasis will be placed on areas most hazardous such as Oil Industry, General Industry, Petrochemical Industry, occupational health and industrial hygiene using OSHA standards as a guide.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA - USA general industry safety and health 30-hour course completion card from the USA Department of Labor.
- State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the function of OSHA - USA.
- To understand the importance of effective Egress fire protection program and the safe means of egress, to provide fire protection in emergencies from new or old buildings and structures.
- Guidelines for surfaces working and walking protection (Ladders, Scaffolds, Floor openings and fall protection.
- Guidelines on OSHA general industry standards such as: Electrical Safety, Welding Safety, Radiation Safety, Machine Guarding, Noise and Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Hazardous Chemicals, Flammable and Combustible Substances, Confined Space Entry, and Forklift and Cranes Safety.
- To understand the importance of Fire Safety Programs: Fire Extinguishers, Fire Extinguishing Agents and Fixed Fire Fighting Systems.
- Guidelines for Laboratory Safety.
Who To Attend:
- Supervisors with Safety and Health Responsibilities.
- Safety Officers
- Plant Engineers
- Plant Managers
- Maintenance Engineers
Proposed OSHA 30 - Hour General Industry Training
- Introduction to OSHA
- Means of Egress
- Electrical Safety
- Lock-Out & Tag-Out
- Hazardous Classified Locations
- Machine Hazards
- Machine Safeguards
- Walking and Working Surfaces (Ladders & Scaffolds)
- Noise and Hearing Conservation Programs
- Occupational Health & Industrial Hygiene
- Fire Safety (Fire Extinguishers)
- Fire Extinguishing Agents
- Automatic Fire Fighting Systems (Sprinkler Systems)
- Welding & Cutting and Brazing
- Radiation safety (Welding)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Compressed Gasses and Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Confined Space Entry
- Forklift Safety
- Hand and Power Tools
- Chemical Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable & Combustible Materials)
- Materials Handling and Storage (Overhead and Gantry Cranes)
- General Revision
EHS – Academy (Cairo – Egypt) was established in April 2010 and EHS – Training Centre (Dubai – UAE) was established in June 2011 as an Occupational Safety & Health Training and Consultant Companies.
The founder and owner of EHS – Academy and EHS – Training Centre, Mr. Wagdi Fouad Seffain has conducted since 1981 thousands of International and National Safety & Health Training CTheirses in Egypt and the Middle East, and more than 20,000 persons attended these cTheirses.See all EHS Academy courses