- Duration: 16 Hours
This class is applicable to Oracle 9iAS (9.0.4) Discoverer users. This course introduces students to the querying and analytical capabilities of OracleAS Discoverer. Students will learn how to view data stored in a relational database, and analyze and create reports based upon that data using OracleAS Discoverer Plus. In particular, students will learn how to create, modify, and refine ad hoc queries using Discoverer's intuitive and easy-to-use Workbook Wizard. They will learn how to present data graphically and how to format query results to create customized reports. Students will learn how to create simple and advanced calculations to perform data analysis and create reports that answer a variety of business questions, such as year-to-year comparisons and ranking. In addition, students will learn how to schedule reports in batch mode, share workbooks with other users, and export reports to other applications, including MS Excel, HTML, and Oracle Reports. Finally, students will learn how to view and customize Discoverer portlets using OracleAS Portal. This course also provides students with the prerequisite skills necessary for the "Oracle Discoverer 10g: Develop an EUL" course.
- Display data graphically
- Filter data by using conditions and create parameterized reports
- Schedule reports in batch mode
- Share workbooks with other users
- Export workbooks to other applications
- Open a workbook and analyze data using OracleAS Discoverer Viewer
- Use and customize Discoverer Portlets in OracleAS Portal
- Analyze data by using totals, percentages, and advanced calculations
- Generate reports and ad hoc queries
- Select default worksheet format options
- Format data, headings and background in a worksheet
- Introducing OracleAS Discoverer 10g
- Creating Ad-hoc Queries
- Managing Queries
- Customizing Display Properties
- Applying Conditions and Using Parameters
- Creating Group Sorts and Applying Summary Functions
- Creating Calculated Items
- Scheduling and Managing Reports in Batch Mode
- Analyzing Data with Drills
- Analyzing Data Graphically
- Exporting a Worksheet to Other Applications and Printing a Worksheet
- Introducing Oracle9iAS Discoverer Viewer
- Introducing OracleAS Discoverer Viewer
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses