This course teaches you how to configure and administer a reliable highly available and secure network. Learn through hands-on exercises and open discussions with expert Oracle University instructors.
- Explain the fundamentals of networking.
- Virtualize the network.
- Configure high availability.
- Configure services.
- Manage network resources.
- Implement network security.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot networking issues.
- Describe the information exchange mechanisms.
Networking Features and Capabilities
The course conceptually explains the networking features and capabilities introduced, enhanced or modified in Oracle Solaris 11.1. Learn these concepts through a combination of lecture as well as hands-on demonstrations.
Get Hands-On Experience
Learn through a scenario based hands-on approach to build, configure and administer virtual networks, fail-over options, network services, network resources and network security. Immersing yourself in this new material will help you develop a better understanding of how these virtual networks function.
Overview of Next Generation Technologies
This course will also help you discover the next generation networking infrastructure technologies. These include Data Center Bridging and Edge Virtual Bridging, along with their role in the cloud environment.
Course Objectives :
- Networking Fundamentals
- Virtualizing the Network
- Configuring High Availability
- Configuring Services
- Managing Network Resources
- Securing the Network
- Observability and Troubleshooting
- Information Exchange Mechanisms
Course Topics: :
- Introduction to the TCP/IP Model
- LAN and its Components
- Network Stack
- Networking Features in Oracle Solaris 11
Configuring a Virtual Network
- Profile-based Network Configuration
- Overview of a Physical Network
- Overview of VLAN
- Internal Virtual Network
- Private Virtual Network
Configuring High Availability
- High Availability
- IPMP for IP failover
- Link Aggregations
- Integrated Load Balancer
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol
Domain Name System
- Light Weight Directory Access Protocol
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- CIFS SMB
Managing Network Resources
- Network Resource Management
- Network Resources for Optimum Utilization
- Monitor Network Traffic
Securing the Network
- Link Protection
- IP Filter
Troubleshooting Networking Issues
- Diagnostic Tools
- DTrace Network Providers
Information Exchange Mechanisms
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- Data Center Bridging
- Edge Virtual Bridging
egabi Learn is a Professional Authorized Training Services and solutions provider covering a wide range of technical and management specializations. In addition, egabi Learn provides Rollout services covering end-to-end implementation to facilitate the entire rollout process as Theyll as outsTheircing services. egabi Learn offers various advanced learning solutions provided by experienced partners.
Since its establishment in 2007, egabi Learn has demonstrated remarkable growth, and is considered as one of the leading training services providers across MEA Region.
egabi Learn has acquired an impressive client base encompassing top multinational companies and key regional businesses from a wide range of business sectors covering government, telecommunication, banking and private sector companies.See all Egabi Learn courses