Understanding the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers. This course helps the participants to write subqueries, combine multiple queries into a single query using SET operators and report aggregated data using group functions. Controlling privileges at the object and system level are also dealt with in detail.This course covers creating indexes and constraints, and altering existing schema objects. Additionally, participantslearn how to create and query external tables. In order to query and manipulate data within the database, to use thedictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects, participants get to understand the advanced features of SQL. Some of the date-time functions available in the Oracle Database are also covered. This course also discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL. This course is a combination of Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals I and Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals II courses. For this course, the main development tool used is Oracle SQL Developer. SQL*Plus is available as an optional development tool. This is appropriate for a 10g and 11g audience. There are few minor changes between 10g and 11g features in SQL.
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Run data manipulation statements (DML)
- Control database access to specific objects
- Manage schema objects
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Retrieve data from tables.
- A Live Virtual Class (LVC) is exclusively for registered students; unregistered inpiduals may not view an LVC at any
- time. Registered students must view the class from the country listed in the registration form. Unauthorized recording,
- copying, or transmission of LVC content may not be made.
- Course Objectives :Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax.
- Identify the major structural components of the Oracle Database 11g.
- Create reports of aggregated data.
- Write SELECT statements that include queries.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) in Oracle Database 11g.
- Create tables to store data.
- Utilize views to display data.
- Control database access to specific objects.
- Manage schema objects.
- Manage objects with data dictionary views.
- Write multiple-column sub-queries.
- Employ SQL functions to retrieve customized data.
- Use scalar and correlated sub-queries.
- Use the regular expression support in SQL
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Introduction to Oracle Database
- List the features of Oracle Database 11g
- Discuss the basic design, theoretical and physical aspects of a relational database
- Categorize the different types of SQL statements
- Describe the data set used by the course
- Log onto the database using the SQL Developer environment
- Save queries to files and use script files in SQL Developer
- Retrieve Data Using the SQL SELECT Statement
- List the capabilities of SQL SELECT statements
- Generate a report of data from the output of a basic SELECT statement
- Select All Columns
- Select Specific Columns
- Use Column Heading Defaults
- Use Arithmetic Operators
- Understand Operator Precedence
- Learn the DESCRIBE command to display the table structure
- Learn to Restrict and Sort Data
- Write queries that contain a WHERE clause to limit the output retrieved
- List the comparison operators and logical operators that are used in a WHERE clause
- Describe the rules of precedence for comparison and logical operators
- Use character string literals in the WHERE clause
- Write queries that contain an ORDER BY clause sort the output of a SELECT statement
- Sort output in descending and ascending order
- Usage of Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Describe the differences between single row and multiple row functions
- Manipulate strings with character function in the SELECT and WHERE clauses
- Manipulate numbers with the ROUND, TRUNC and MOD functions
- Perform arithmetic with date data
- Manipulate dates with the date functions
- Invoke Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Describe implicit and explicit data type conversion
- Use the TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, and TO_DATE conversion functions
- Nest multiple functions
- Apply the NVL, NULLIF, and COALESCE functions to data
- Use conditional IF THEN ELSE logic in a SELECT statement
About Egabi Learn
egabi Learn is a Professional Authorized Training Services and solutions provider covering a wide range of technical and management specializations. In addition, egabi Learn provides Rollout services covering end-to-end implementation to facilitate the entire rollout process as Theyll as outsTheircing services. egabi Learn offers various advanced learning solutions provided by experienced partners.
Since its establishment in 2007, egabi Learn has demonstrated remarkable growth, and is considered as one of the leading training services providers across MEA Region.
egabi Learn has acquired an impressive client base encompassing top multinational companies and key regional businesses from a wide range of business sectors covering government, telecommunication, banking and private sector companies.See all Egabi Learn courses