- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 2 Days
This course is designed to give the Database Administrator a firm understanding of the components required to successfully deploy an Oracle 11g database on Oracle Enterprise Linux. Students will learn how to configure and verify the Linux operating system for optimal performance with an Oracle database. Students will also learn how to tune the database to take advantage of the Linux operating system and the Enterprise level features of the OS.
The course covers administrative tasks related to the database like file system choices, kernel and memory model selection, automated startup and shutdown scripts, and customizing the database for Linux. Lectures are reinforced with hands-on practices designed to walk the student through the entire installation, tuning, configuration and troubleshooting process.
This course is based on Oracle Database 11g Release 1.
- Identify the different kernels available for Linux
- View installed packages on a Linux system
- Prepare and update a system for an Oracle Database installation
- Identify and implement the best storage options for an Oracle database
- Customize the database to take advantage of Linux features
- Optimize Linux for running an Oracle database
- Use Linux commands and techniques to automate and streamline DBA tasks
- Troubleshoot database errors specific to the Linux OS
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses