- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
Oracle DBAs manage the industries most advanced information systems and command some of the highest salaries. This course advances your success as an Oracle professional in the area of database administration.
In this class, you'll learn how to configure an Oracle database for multilingual applications. Students will practice various methods of recovering the database, using RMAN, SQL, and Flashback technology. Tools to monitor database performance and what steps to take to improve database performance are also covered in this course. Students will also learn how to use various database technologies, such as Resource Manager, the Scheduler, and Automatic Storage Management (ASM). The lesson topics are reinforced with structured hands-on practices and a workshop. This course is designed to prepare you for the corresponding Oracle Certified Professional exam.
- Use RMAN to create and manage backup sets and image copies
- Recover the database to a previous point in time
- Use Oracle's Flashback technology to recover your database
- Detect block corruptions and take appropriate measures to correct them
- Use the various Database advisors and views to monitor and improve database performance
- Control database resource usage with the Resource Manager
- Simplify management tasks by using the Scheduler
- Improve the security of the listener
- Review database log files for diagnostic purposes
- Customize language-dependent behavior for the database and individual sessions
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses