- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration TBA
- Locations New Cairo City
- Basic Effects Regarding The Interaction of Light With Matter Reflection, Absorption, Refraction, Radiation laws
- Introduction to Lasers Stimulated emission, population inversion Two-level laser, more-than-two-level laser (where do these energy levels come from)
- Semiconductors Introduction to solid state physics (energy band model, conductor, insulator, semiconductor), Junctions, ordinary diodes (short repetition)
- Light Emitting Diodes
- Semiconductor Lasers (Laser Diodes) Physics of the laser diode Different structures of laser diodes, advantages and disadvantages of different structures regarding efficiency, beam quality, mono mode operation
- Modulation of Laser Light principles of light modulation (Pockels, Kerr, Faraday) modulation of laser light (Pockels’ Cell etc.)
- Photo Detectors Principles how light can be transformed into electric signals Presentation of different detectors using these principles
- Examples of Application of laser diodes and photo detectors in e.g. communication.
The German University in Cairo, GUC, is an Egyptian Private University founded by the presidential decree 27/2002, according to the law number 101/1992 and its executive regulations number 355/1996.
German university in Cairo/Deutsche Universität in Kairo has been established in 2002 in cooperation with the State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden- Württemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany, The State University of Tübingen and The State University of Mannheim.
The German University in Cairo is an independent, non-profit oriented Egyptian private institution, managed by a consortium of Germans and Egyptians with the vision of building a leading center of excellence in teaching and research that will effectively contribute to the general welfare nationally and internationally and endeavour the scientific, technical, economic and cultural cooperation between Egypt and Germany.See all German University in Cairo (GUC) courses