- Duration: 4 Days
This training programme is targeted at currently-appointed or candidate Offshore Helideck Assistants (HDAs) that require OPITO-certified emergency response training in helideck and helicopter emergencies as part of their overall competence requirement.
There are no Prerequisites for OPITO HDA-HERTM Training, however please refer to the Health & Fitness for
Course Learning Outcomes
The delegate’s learning outcomes are set out below:
To successfully complete this programme, delegates must be able to:
- Define the key role and key responsibilities of the HDA HERTM.
- State the main elements of helideck emergency response plan.
- Identify types of potential offshore helideck emergencies.
- State the general firefighting safety goals and objectives.
- Explain the purpose of typical helideck emergency systems and controls.
- Explain the main differences between helideck emergency response on a main fixed or floating installation and a normally unattended installation (NUI).
- Communicate effectively with HLO and team members.
- Respond appropriately to HLO direction in emergencies.
- Under direction from the HLO: approach the incident area in a controlled manner – continually assessing how the changes in the emergency could impact on the safety of other HERT members.
- Conduct BA operations in accordance with HLO directions and safe practices.
- Conduct firefighting operations effectively using fixed and mobile equipment.
- Update HLO on progress against the plan at appropriate times.
- Under direction from the HLO: respond to non-fire helideck emergencies.
- Conduct effective search and rescue for missing persons and casualties during the emergency.
- Use correct casualty handling techniques
- Work with ER back-up team when required to do so.
- Report to HLO any human factors that may affect inpidual or team performance during the emergency (Team Learning Objective).
Each delegate who is successful on OPITO HDA-HERTM training will receive an OPITO HDA-HERTM Certificate and be registered on the central register which is operated by OPITO.