This training is designed for currently-appointed OPITO-certified HDAs that are required to revalidate their OPITO HDA certification by refreshing and updating their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role that they cannot practice in the workplace
Course Learning Outcomes
The delegate’s learning outcomes are set out below:
To successfully complete this Programme, delegates must demonstrate the following:
- Techniques for keeping calm during an emergency response.
- Asking for assistance if overwhelmed by the emergency situation.
- Effective communications with HLO and other team members – clear and concise communication.
- Updating HLO on progress against the plan.
- Responding appropriately to HLO direction during a helideck emergency
- Effective execution of emergency response tasks.
- Conducting helicopter incident firefighting operations.
- Correct use of breathing apparatus (BA) when instructed by HLO.
- Conducting effective Helicopter/helideck SAR techniques.
- Responding to non-firefighting operations during a helicopter incident
- Effective use of fixed and mobile firefighting systems.
- Correct casualty handling techniques.
Learning Outcomes 1 through 12 are to be assessed during practical exercises.
Each delegate who is successful on OPITO HDA Further training will receive an OPITO HDA Further Certificate and be registered on the central register which is operated by OPITO.
About Qatar International Safety Centre
Fire Safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Dec 3, 2016 Firearm, Fire Safety