- Locations: Salwa Road South, Doha, Qatar
- Duration: 2 Days
This training is designed for currently-appointed OPITO-certified Offshore Helicopter Landing Officers (HLOs) that require their OPITO certification to be revalidated by refreshing and updating their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role that they cannot practice in the workplace.
Course Learning Outcomes
The delegate’s learning outcomes are set out below:
To successfully complete this programme, delegates must be able to:
- State the general firefighting safety goals and objectives
- Explain the purpose of typical helideck emergency systems and controls
- Communicate effectively with relevant emergency response personnel
- Direct the helideck emergency response team in a clear and confident manner
- When safe to do so, direct the HERT members to the incident area – continually assessing how the changes in the emergency could impact on the safety of the HERT members – dynamic risk assessment.
- Give clear and concise instructions to HERT members during the emergency
- Effectively monitor BA control
- Control helideck and helicopter-related firefighting operations effectively
- Control the HERT during non-fire helideck incidents
- Utilise the ER back-up team via the Team Leader – as required
- Effectively manage missing persons and casualties during the emergency.
- Look for and respond accordingly to signs of stress in inpidual HERT members during the emergency.
Learning Outcomes 3 through 12 to be assessed during practical exercises.
Each delegate who is successful on OPITO HLO Further training will receive an OPITO HLO Further Certificate and be registered on the central register which is operated by OPITO.