- Locations: Dokki
- Duration: 24 Hours
In this course, participants will learn the basics, methodologies, approaches to optimize operational risk management and the role that has to be played within any financial institution.
- Define the key elements of the operational risk management framework.
- Demonstrate key element of self-assessment.
- Explain the core concepts of self-assessment and operational risk policy.
Module 1: Introduction to Operational Risk
- Introduction to different types of risks
- Role of risk manager
- What is operational risk?
- What is operational risk management framework?
- Risk events types and reporting
- Self-assessment overview
- Key risk indicator
- Continuity of business/back up plan/crisis management
Module 2: Self-Assessment Process
- Risk and control risk assessment formulation and testing
- Risk event reporting and investigation
Module 3: Operational Risk in the Context of Corporate Governance
- Corporate governance structure and control environment
- Risk management and internal control systems
- ORM in the context of Basel II and Basel III accords
Participants will be informally assessed on their interaction during sessions and their participation in exercises
About Egyptian Banking Institute
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses