- Locations: Petro Tech
In this program you will learn about...
This Program builds strong Project Analysis, Auditing and Management Skills in the participants.
It will build capabilities for verifying that the organization's policies, objectives, plans, processes, written procedures and all other elements of Project activities are being implemented, and are operating, effectively - achieving your organization's strategic goals.
This program will also help you Identify Continuous Improvement Opportunities by…
- Building a high level of understanding of all project processes including for each process: What? How? Why? When? Risks? Impact on Strategic Goals?
- Following a Very Practical Checklist approach to make learning relevant and applicable to On-the-Job Performance Needs.
- Showing what is involved to bring project operations in Compliance with ISO-9000 requirements - including the New Draft Standard due to be effective from 2000.
- This Program extensively relies on Checklists, Procedures, Step-by-Step Instructions and Case-Studies.
- Emphasis is on Easy Practical Approach to Solving Problems.
- Covers: the Issues, Procedures, Key Questions Methodology Guidelines
Part-I (First week)
Management Processes Procedures on Projects, including Continuous Improvement Opportunities On Projects
- The Nature of Projects, Project Performance Problems.
- Risks on Projects
- Organizational Procedures and Contract Administration
- Understanding Continuous Improvement as applied to Projects: Company Strategic Direction - Clarify Strategic Objectives - Determine Unit of Competitive Advantage. What to Improve? What not to Improve? How to establish Improvement Priorities?
- Implementing Continuous Improvement. Including: Setting up measurement standards - How will we know we have achieved the set goal? Implementation, Communication, Organizing and Motivation Issues. Change Management.
- Proactive Decision Support Systems for Projects.
Part-II (Second Week)
Conducting an Operational Project Performance Analysis or Audit
Current Developments Advanced Issues
- Risk Based Audits Risk Management
- Self Control Assessment
- Selling Audit Reports Recommendations
- New Tools Techniques
- Business Process Continuous Improvement Methodology
- ISO-9000 Internal Audits
- Establishing Scope Objectives
- Preliminary Review of System
- Identifying Key Performance Indicators
- Preparing Tentative Audit Program
- Reviewing Operating Policies Documentation, Confirming Procedures.
- Observing Operating Functions Activities
- Examining Financial Operating Plans and Reports
- Testing Accuracy of Operating Information
- Testing Controls
Advanced Project Auditing of Construction, Maintenance EPC Contracts
- Pre-Contract Award
- Post Contract Award
- Construction Plan
- Close Out Hand Over to Operation
EPC Contracts vs. Other Types of Contracts
- Validating the Analysis Process
- Validating Key Performance Indicators
- Progress Monitoring
- Progress Reporting
- Progress Measurement
- Progress Payment
- Cost Control
- QA/QC/Quality Audits
- Change Orders
- Value Engineering
- Contractual Issues Handling
Audit Control Procedures for:-
- Third Party Audits
- Evaluation of Findings
- Making and Selling Audit Recommendations
- Change Management.
- Understanding and Managing Resistance to Improvement Recommendations.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.