- Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course aims to provide an overall understanding of the integration of IBM's storage products with OpenStack. It has been written to teach everything from the basics of installing IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack to performing advanced cloud based administrative tasks and enables anyone who is interested in implementing OpenStack based client solutions.
The course will also attempt to clarify the concepts involved in planning, deploying and implementing IBM's OpenStack product called IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack. It covers the basics of cloud computing from a technology standpoint as it is today, the product architecture of IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack, explain its major components, their benefits while showing how to implement the solution.
It will also cover configurations that an administrator must be aware of by showing multiple use cases. The focus shifts toward storage on the second day of the class where tasks like creating Cinder configurations to attach an external block storage, creating volumes, attaching volumes to instances, booting from volumes, volume snapshots, migration, and so on, are analyzed in a step-by-step manner.
This course is not restricted. Typical students might include: Customers Technical IBM personnel Business Partner technical personnel IT consultants and architects Anyone with interest in understanding OpenStack
- Course administration and introduction
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Cloud and OpenStack)
- Unit 2 - IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack overview
- Unit 3 - IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack User Interfaces Exercise period 1
- Exercise 1 - Installation and configuration of IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack
- Exercise 2 - Working with IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack
- Exercise 3 - Capture and Deploy from IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack
- Unit 4 - Planning and Administration
- Unit 5 - Storage Virtualization
- Unit 6 - OpenStack Cinder with IBM Storage Exercise period 2
- Exercise 4 - OpenStack and Storage: Part 1
- Exercise 5 - OpenStack and Storage: Part 2
- Exercise 6 - OpenStack and Storage: Part 3
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses