- Locations: Petro Tech
The conference International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Healthwill present the latest in project delivery, planning and monitoring approaches and methodologies, negotiation strategies, and innovative technologies for management of oil and gas projects with specific examples of what works and what does not.
- Discuss advanced issues in project delivery systems
- Explain nature of Design in Oil & Gas Projects
- Coverage of management techniques for mitigating projects with compressed schedules
- Identify project success factors and characteristics
- Apply advanced applications of Lead/Lag scheduling in construction
- Discussion of the unique problems related to schedule updating, cost control, and cash flow
- Coverage of negotiation skills that can diffuse conflicts and resolve disputes thus saving time and money
- Explain important warranty and contractual issues
- Coverage of the challenges of integrating state-of-the-art management methods and technologies for construction projects
- Demonstration of the latest computer tools for project management
Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques are taught through case studies, experiential exercises and practical examples that can used immediately to improve your contracting and project results.
This conference is created in response to the needs of the modern owner and contractor. Topics demonstrate how to integrate project objectives, owner capabilities, project risks, and advanced technology; into a systematic approach to successful project delivery of oil and gas projects.
Project Delivery Systems & Project Finance
- Project Management Terminology
- Pros and Cons of various Delivery Systems?
- Success Factors, what to look for?
- Build - Operate - Transfer (BOT), Functional Specifications, Issues and Concerns
- Economic Evaluation
- Project Finance
Project Finance, Cash Flow and Advanced Project Estimating
- Project Phases and issues pertinent to each phase
- Financial Evaluation Methods
- Owner and Contractor cash Flow
- Project Scope Development
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Technologies for computer Project Estimating
Advanced Topics in Scheduling and Estimating of Projects
- Conceptual & Parametric Estimating
- Lead/Lag Scheduling
- Resource Allocation for construction projects
- Time-Cost Tradeoff
- Linear Scheduling Method
- Technologies for computer Project Scheduling
Project Control & Negotiations in Construction Management
- Project Control Systems
- Project Updating Methods
- Earned Value Management
- Team Development and Effective Teamwork
- Developing effective negotiation strategies and tactics
- Understanding your BATNA (Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement)
- What to do when negotiations break down and how to respond to tricks
Advanced Issues in Project Management
- Building Information Modeling
- Material Management
- Lean Project Management
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.